Re: DROID Incredible in a cycle of crashing
ghanus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look, I hate to trump anybody here, but i know if this issue probably as good as anyone here. I hear your complaints and agree with I just went through my 7th replacement phone from Verizon. Isssues were:

• Use camera, phone frequently freezes for a long period of time, then reboots or completely hangs, forcing you to stop what you are doing (this is a good feeling when you're out with your friends and are trying to take a group photo) remove the battery and reboot the junk.
  • Use camera and realize the good photos you took have some crappy weird distorted overlay (see attached photo) This is even a better feeling since the photo opportunity you took is now long gone...
  • The phone rings and you go to answer it because its your all important customer, but the screen decides to lock up with no response from the screen at all... so you have to miss the call, pull the battery out and reboot the junk.
  • the screens mysteriously jump around and it launches apps on its own and even sitting on the desk just does whatever the hell it wants and then ends up hanging.

Ok i can go on with a few more symptoms. I called Verizon about this MANY times, one customer service rep said they will continue to replace my phone with another phone, and send me up to a hundred phones until i get one that worked. Yes he REALLY said that.

Well I went though my last one which the 7th and it was totally useless. the quality control is atrocious.This is Not the worst phone ever, the Palm Trio was.. I went through 13 of those. I told Verizon that if they didn't send me a phone that works, after being their long term customer of over 13 years, I will go get me a lawyer.

so they sent me a refurbished Droid X2. Thsi has an even WORSE camera, takes pictures like SHIT.

Verizon, I am waiting till October, for the new dual processor Windows 8 phone (dont tel me to gt an iPHONE for i have one already and i don't like it either, but yes it at least works most of the time. 100% of the people i talked to with a Windows hone absolutely love it. The new version is a whole new kernel, so i will hold my breath with the X2 or throw another stink... i hate ATT even more than Verizon. Ok ok, I have to be honest here, Verizon has been sending me replacement phones, although all junk, and their coverage is good. But shit, how many phones do i have to go through before i get one that just frikkin works? Enter the Windows phone... If that thing shits the bed on me, I'm going back to plain paper and pencil and a rotery dial phone. sorry for the swearing, this boils my blood because we all pay a PREMIUM to use this and they just put out junk. Verizong tet your shit together.

One more thing... these symptoms are all out of the box broke, with no SD card in it, plain jane no apps other than default. i rewiped my phone, did everything except put a bullet through it. Hmmm... ok end of rant.

• IMAG0047.jpg
0 Likes
b1boss

Two issues seem to be causing the crash and restart loop.  First is overheat from use, direct sunlight or carrying it in a pocket.   My phone crashed every time I tried to navigate somewhere more than a couple of block away.  I noticed when it started the crash/recycle loop it felt warm.  Removing the protective cover did not help.  The second issue causing the cycling was definitely the software upgrade in early July everyone else has been experiencing.  I fixed my problem by doing a factory reset after cooling the phone.  The only problem is every time I started the phone, it would ask me if I wanted to do the upgrade.  Do it and you are back where you started.  I decided to buy an upgrade phone and get rid of the Incredible.  I got a Rezound and so far am very happy with the phone.  Overall, my experience with this problem has convinced me Verizon doesn't work issues very hard.  They will throw hardware at you if you are in warranty but, they haven't come up with a fix to obvious which is the software.  Additionally, if you decide to change phones and came from their unlimited data program, you will lose that and end up paying the same amount anyway.  Go figure!

0 Likes
Joesep
Enthusiast - Level 3

hask12 wrote:

Why should we have to do things like factory resets, reinstalling apps, when this whole mess wasn't our fault?

Exactly!

BOYCOTT HTC AND DON'T EVER BUY THERE PHONE GET ANOTHER MANUFACTURES PHONE.  THIS IS ALL HTC NOT VERIZON.  PUT THE BLAME ON HTC.  VERIZON DID NOTHING WRONG IT'S ALL HTC'S FAULT.  EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME...IT'S HTC'S FAULT...BOYCOTT HTC. 

renana22

I just found something that will stop the endless freezups and reboots. A hard reset.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

• Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  • Hold the Volume Down button
  • Press and release the Power button
  • You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  • Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  • Press and release the Power button
  • Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
0 Likes
wc1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has these same images!

0 Likes
GKrasnow
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked for me.... for about 1 month.  Now I am back into the cycle of freezing and crashing!  Why can't Verizon and HTC admit that there is a problem.  Even if they say, "the phone is too old for us to care", I would at least give them credit for acknowledging the problem. 

0 Likes
ls9898
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's my experience with my Droid Incredible..I had it for almost 2 years..and was told by Verizon that i needed to upgrade to another package..but, I was not willing to give up my unlimited data plan yet because i had another 2 months to go.  What was really weird..after that call..a few days later i got a pop up message saying i needed to upgrade my  Droid software..I did.  before you knew it..i was having a problem with the phone and it started to go off and hold a charge.. I ordered a battery and that wasn't it... I got  new card..that wasn't it... . I believe when Verizon did away with the  unlimited data plan i had,  that's when my phone started crashing and  it was their way of letting me know i needed to change plans to a share data plan soon!! ..I called Verizon back and talked to them on the phone..and said i like to stay with my Droid Incredible phone and they told me..they don't make the phone anymore if i need a replacement and no packages would fit my old phone.. but they did say...they now  have a newer Droid Incredible with  4 G!...end of conversation!!