DROID Incredible in a cycle of crashing
laur3l
Enthusiast - Level 2

After doing a software upgrade on my DROID Incredible, my phone started crashing every once and a while. I took it to the Verizon store and they did a reset (not fully, because my apps and contacts were saved, but I can't give you more information than that because I'm very UN-tech savvy), and for a while it worked fine. Just recently it began crashing again, and today it got into a cycle of going through start-up and as soon as it got to the loading phone storage part it would restart. Currently it is stuck at the white htc incredible screen. I tried taking the battery out and putting it in again, but the phone just crashed again.

I wanted to save my files onto my computer, but my computer refuses to acknowledge the device.

Any suggestions of how to fix it, or do I just need to go to the store?

Thanks

Re: DROID Incredible in a cycle of crashing
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Pull your SD card and boot the phone up. Also, check the SD card in a computer via SD reader. See if the card is bad.
0 Likes
laur3l
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you! phone seems to be working fine without the card.

0 Likes
SheltieMom

I took out the card and replaced it with a brand new card, and the phone still crashes.  There must be an access problem to the card from the new update, because it was fine prior to the update.  Sometimes it still crashes without the card in it, but removing the card reduces the reboots considerably.  Taking the phone in and asking for a replacement.  The constant reboots daily is ridiculous.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Hard reset. It'll wipe the data anyways.
0 Likes
sline
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure most people who have this phone and have gone into the reboot loop/cycle of crashing know now that none of this helps.  It just gets steadily worse until you practically have a brick.

The problem is not the card, it is the terrible phone.  I have done hard reset/factory reset about 8-10 times, reboot about 30 times as well as clearing cache partition and it has just gotten worse.  Trying to ride it out until late April for my full discount, but it is getting hard.  Phone is about 20 months old.

truckie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been complaining to Verizon about the cycling problems since the last software upgrade.  I will have me second replacement phone tomorrow.  I'm not holding my breath to see if this helps as the common thread between the phones is the software. 

They did say they could send me an "upgraded" phone @ no charge, I would only have to pay for the battery and back cover, for $50.  I told them no way.  You sent the software upgrade that caused the problems, I didn't ask for it.  Unfortunately rolling back the software is not an option. 

If this doesn't get resolved with out any out of pocket expense I'll likely be looking for another carrier.

nmpel

My phone crashing started in mid-February.  I usually take out the battery to get it to stop.  If I keep the battery out for 10 minutes, it seems to reset.  The crashing has happened while on conference calls for work.  Not a fan of the phone with this happening. 

0 Likes
biohzd007
Enthusiast - Level 3

WORST PHONE EVER. You can put it in the fridge to cool it down. Funny how it starts right after the warranty expires. Thousands have reported this problem but HTC won't do anything. I'll never get another HTC product.

Dean57

I am on my 4th incredible secondary to crashing, the 4th one waited for 4 months to start crashing so now I am stuck. I asked after the second one crashed to switch to another model, they assured me it wouldn't happen again. After the third one crashed I begged for another model, they said yes in tech support, but when I reached customer support they said no. So now I am on my 4th crashed incredible, spening hours upon hours of being on the phone with verizon tech support doing hard resets and full resets and reloading applications. Answer today from customer support, too bad you can buy a new phone. I have 5 lines with verizon, time to wait out the rest of th eplans and switch to another provider, enough is enough!

0 Likes