Re: DROID Bionic No Data Connection
talos72

Droid Bionic here in Sothern California.  Had good 4G until the latest update...now 4G keeps going white and dropping data.  Something got really messed up with the latest update about a month ago.

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine has gone in and out since getting the phone in April. I've had one update since then. It seems to go in and out all the time.

0 Likes
Chingus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a Bionic (5.9.905) that has data issues since day one. I should have returned it then. What I have been doing is popping the phone in and out of Airplane Mode. It does work. Seems to be an authentication problem with the phone.

I am hopefull for a fix soon.

Hope this helps

Scrapiron0728
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having data connectivity issues for about 7 - 8 months now.  I have a Droid Bionic.  Verizon is talking about fixes left and right and up and down, but nothing seems to have happened to really alleviate these issues, as apparent by these forums that continue today.  My area is the Orlando, Fl area.  It's not a small market so not sure why we're still having these 4G issues, from one of todays alleged "top carriers".

I've taken my phone back to Verizon and they changed the SIM card, and played with the phone for about an hour.  No change… On a positive note, the people that work at the Verizon Store I go to are nothing short of incredible.  Kudos to them… now having said that...

I'm not sure if Verizon seriously thinks that "power cycling" or "airplane-mode cycling" is acceptable.  (Oh, an additional side note, airplane-mode cycling rarely works on my phone.)  If I stopped paying for the time my phone was off line while repeating these steps every single day, no exaggeration, every single day, multiple times a day, seven days a week, I'm sure they would cancel my service for lack of full payment.  Yet they expect us to be satisfied with the same old "working on the issues" story.  We pay hard earned money for our respective data plans, we expect to have data available while our phones are active, or we need to start looking at breach of contract issues.

News Flash Verizon, with the change of data plans, and new activation fees… it's a real bad time to have this length of time with unresolved data problems. Read the forums… the masses are upset.

I've been with Verizon for years, and I've been more than satisfied with their services, hence why I was willing to pay more.  After all, I'm a get what you pay for kind of guy.  In the past I've toted the abilities of Big Red to all my "blue" and "yellow" friends, and our reliable, and all but flawless service.  But lately I'm having my share of problems being able to do that with these 4G problems, and the lack of resolution therein.  Let's think about this.  What is the use of having the "world's fastest 4G network… sometimes"?

I truly hope these issues are resolved, and in the very near future.  For when my contract is up, if I'm getting Sprint data reliability, I might as well be paying Sprint prices.  Good luck all!

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

When we upgraded my boyfriend's line before the plans changed, a salesman literally told us they had been giving the Bionics away for free so they could get rid of them and they wouldn't be carrying them once the were gone. Yet they had 3 displayed in the store for free. I had already gotten my Bionic in April and I love it. My only complaint is the data connection issue. The other day while I was at a friend's house, I noticed every time I opened an app, I would lose my connection. A little while after closing the app, it would come back. This doesn't happen everywhere though. I must say since my boyfriend got the Razr, my Bionic looks ancient. I wish I would've gotten it instead.

0 Likes
praney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never noticed an issues prior to 5.9.905.  Now I have constant issues and sometimes lock the phone into 3G just to have consistent access.  LTE is great when I can get it and sometimes I can go hours without an issue and other times I can not get the phone to hold a connection for more than a few minutes.

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since posting my data connection has gotten worse. I had little to no issues when I got this phone in April. I've been paying more attention since finding this thread. Yesterday it was almost impossible to use anything data related, no matter where I was. I was in several different cities yesterday and it made no difference. I would have full signal, but when I tried to use Google or Facebook or navigation....no data connection.

0 Likes
scorp1111

Well let me join the club. I live in the Atlanta area where 4G signal has always been strong. My co-worker and I have the Bionic and are having the same issues. I think my problems started after this last updat. Data cuts off and on whenever. I've called Verizon twice on this. Each time they give me a ticket number or something, but I never hear back. I shouldn't have to pay for something that I can't use.

0 Likes
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

My boyfriend's Razr is now having the same issues, even after the ICS update. Today I had to make my phone a hotspot so he could get on the internet. Mine is now pretty much a constant problem. I've tried the trick of changing back & forth between airplane mode, but that doesn't work. Removing the battery for a few seconds does seem to help, but considering I have an Otter Box, that's a pita to do. I guess being able to hang on to my unlimited data package isn't such a big deal considering I can rarely USE any data!!!

0 Likes
EricB
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you check many of the 4G LTE phone forums this problem is across many

platforms. Verizon needs to figure out if it's a DNS issue or some network

related problem keeping lte phones from connecting to the Google servers .