Re: DROID Bionic No Data Connection
limster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have lost my 4GLTE connection since the latest update for my Bionic was downloaded a week or so ago.. I'm in the Las Vegas, NV area where ther'es pretty much 4G everywhere in the valley.  All I have now is connectivity to the 3G network.  Looking at tother posts, not sure if changing out my SIM card is going to change anything.  What a bunch of BS paying for a network that I can't access!!

0 Likes
limster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I just got off the phone with Verizon Wireless' tech support.  They were able to walk me through some procedures in settings that has reinstated my4G LTE connectivity!  Yay!  My call did include changing/re-setting some phone settings, pulling out the battery and SIM card.  Tech support is advising me that there are some issues the latest update that has caused the loss of the 4G connection.  I was also advised that "the new OS "Ice Cream Sandwich" will be rolling out soon.

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you recall any of the changings/re-settings that they asked you to do?  I think the majority of us have already tried the power cycle, battery removal, and SIM card re-seat method.  I'm curious to what they had you try.

0 Likes
limster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm hoping I can recall the entire process for you!  When I called, I spoke to a guy named Rick who ask some basic questions and looked at my account etc, had me pull out battery only, restart.  Since he could not figure out the issue, he forwarded me on to another tech person, who was a female , whose name I do not recall.  But here's what she had me do.  Again, I'm hoping I am not leaving out any step(s).  Obviously, you need to call Verizon on another phone, not the cell with the problem.

• Had me provide the zipcode of the current location I was at while calling Verizon tech support.  She checked her maps etc, so see where 3G & 4G service was strong., weak etc.I'm guessing
  • Ask me how long I had the problem of no 4G, (since the latest software download), where the issue was occurring (everywhere in LV Valley)
  • Did I download any anti virus apps on phone?: nope.   Tech explained sometimes anti virus apps cause an issue with connectivity etc.
  • Had me select "settings" check airplane mode (off) Wi-Fi (off) Bluetooth (off). "good"
  • Had me select "settings", then "Network Mode" read off status. "CDMA/LTE" active.  Had me change to "CDMA" only then back out to home.  Then went back to change back to "CDMA/LTE" again. back out to home.
  • Select "settings" , "battery/data manager", "data delivery". Both "background data" & "data enabled" both were "on".  "Good".  Enable  'Data Roaming" also.  back out to home.  At this point, I saw the 4G light up in blue.
  • Had me power down phone, pull battery for minimum of 10 seconds and pull out SIM card.  Re-inserted SIM card, memory card and battery, powered up.  Yippee! Still had 4G showing up and still am as of this writing.
  • Had me do a test call.  Got the message verifying data and phone connections working.
  • The only thing I need to call back on or maybe someone else will post the info, is the  "Data Roaming" selection is still on which was previously turned off prior to my calling tech support.  Should it be left on and if so, when will i get charged for data when I'm roaming?  Is roaming out of the US or within the US?

This posting is the best of my recollection of the tech support walkthrough I went through to resolve my 4G connectivity issue.  Hoiping others can benefit from this!!

Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for this.  Going through this one bullet at a time, but tried many of these already.  ::Crosses fingers::

0 Likes
WCrispy

I spoke to a Verizon tech today just to see if any headway is happening.  She said even her coworkers with (mostly) HTC and Motorola phones are having the issue and everyone is just waiting on HTC and Motorola to roll out yet another update to supposedly resolve the issue.

0 Likes
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have version 5.9.905.xt875.Verizon US and I am still having the problems discussed here and else where.

WCrispy

I read up on some other posts and a temporary workaround that I'm trying out is to go into Settings / Wireless & Networks / Mobile Networks / Network Mode, and selecting CDMA only, which puts the phone down to 3G.  Having 3Gs of data instead of no Gs is better than nothing until they friggin fix it.

0 Likes
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've also followed your post on how Verizon instructed you. Done them and so far it has worked for me on my Bionic also.

My 4G LTE is constantly BLUE!

Now if I wake in the morning and its still Blue, and stays Blue all day, I'll consider it THE FIX.

I'll give a follow up tomorrow.

0 Likes
EricB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wish Verizon would get this worked out. I am in the Seattle market and every afternoon I intermittently loose data. I'm is a strong 4G area. The 4G goes from blue to white and I loose the ability to connect to any web pages.

0 Likes