Customer Service is a real joke!
Kinger124

I quite possibly could be cancelling my service with Verizon.

I've had issues in the past with receiving damaged "certified like new" replacements, but never with a new phone.

July 15th I placed an order over the phone for 2 Droid X's after checking one out in the store, one for myself and one for my fiancee at full retail pricing. I was told by the rep that these phones were in stock at the moment and were shipping Overnight and that I would receive them on July 17th. However that was not the case and I had to repeatedly call to get a tracking number. ( I was never sent a receipt or tracking number at any time ) I only got a receipt when the phones came on the 21st.

However, Verizon did not wait one bit on the withdraw from my bank account as that cleared 1 day later.

Once receving the phones I noticed that the buttons on the bottom of my phone were very loose and the back / search button were getting stuck when I pressed them I notified Verizon of this issue on July 26th and was told I was being sent out a brand new phone with Overnight shipping no charge because I will be returning the original one( ship on 7/27 and receive on 7/28 ) However, this was not the case either as the phone did not ship until 7/30 with 2 day fedex. I just received the phone today 8/ and after looking at it, it's worse then the current one I have, Extremely Loose.

I once again contacted customer service to get a ANOTHER one sent out. Except now they want to place a $428 charge on my account for another one until I return BOTH my original and the new one they sent out to me. I am shipping the new one out tomorrow morning and they should have it by thursday at max. BUT I have to have a $428 charge placed on my account. Now, I would normally not be worried about this except I was told that another Droid X will not ship til AT LEAST 8/18 ( Another half of a frickin month ) and my bill is due  8/20. So if I do not receive this phone by then I will be forced to pay an upwards of $600+ for this month's bill when I dont even have the new phone PLUS have to worry about the refund process to my bank account.

This is unacceptable, I have a house payment, 2 car payments, etc to worry about then a possible $600+ phone bill.

On a side note, I love how Verizon warehouses ship out their phones by just tossing 1 bubble bag and the phone in the box. Great shipping there!

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service is a real joke!
jmarrale
Im right there with you i think they have no professional training and don't care if you cancel service they just don't care im@ that point too
0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

I would think that with all of that debt ordering two phones at full retail price was probably not the way to go.  Maybe you should return them and get your money back.

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

jmarrale wrote:
Im right there with you i think they have no professional training and don't care if you cancel service they just don't care im@ that point too

You've hit the nail on the head.  Verizon reps are poorly trained and Verizon as a company doesn't care if you leave.

To the OP:  If you know the phone won't ship until 8/18, why don't you just mail back both phones and make due with your old handset until the new one comes?  I would honestly return the phone outright and wait for a bit to see if this issue is widespread, you've already struck out with 2 phones, do you really want another of the same model?

0 Likes
big-d

Not sticking up for Verizon, but I call it like it is. I've dealt with all kinds of customer service places from American

Express to Toshiba in China and Verizon is probably on of the best trained companies. Been with Verizon for 7 years now and never once had the type of problem that your having. Though I had to get to a supervisor once or twice I still got great service. Sorry to hear about your problem and not to minimize it, Start with a supervisor

0 Likes
Kinger124

I've talked to a supervisor almost every time.

I can not return both handsets at once because I sold my previous phone already to put towards the newly purchased phones

0 Likes
cpousn

I hear ya!!!!!! I thought it was just me that thought the customer service suck. I have a storm 2 that was to be replaced and they sent me a storm 1 I called and asked what model of phone was on the line that they were replacing and they said storm 2 my next question was so why did i get a storm 1.  I still wondering how they pick and choose who get the updates for the new droid x first? what a mess. I always choose to be survey after every service call so I can let them know i was not happy about the service i was given.  I called today and asked about the update and the guy told me to do *228 to get the update LOL what a retard. I almost like you about to tell Verizon to take a hike. The iphone might be bad for reception but i bet they have better customer service. 

0 Likes
runnman
Contributor - Level 1

I have been a customer with Verizon for several years and have used their Customer Service numerous times.  I have always received very courteous and professional service.  I am well pleased.   

0 Likes
Kinger124

AT&T from what I hear has EXCELLENT customer service, but their phones and or service coverage isnt the greatest.

It just seems like some of the people working at verizon either have no idea what your talking about or just want to get off the phone so they tell you lies and lead you to beleive you're getting X on X date or you're receiving an X amount of credit but yet it doesnt happen.

0 Likes
yellowcanary
Contributor - Level 1

I have had to deal with Verizons CSR several times in the last 2 weeks and I would have to say it's not half as good as AT&T service was but I was just ready for a change and love the Droid X even with some small problems but all new release phones have their problems and most companies use their customers as testers now days.

0 Likes