Corporate sync email issue after Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update
dkron

I was having no problem getting my corporate email synced on my Droid X running Android 2.2.  I received an OTA update to Android 2.3 on Monday (5/30/11) and since then I have not received any emails.  I deleted the account and re-added it.  It syncs my calendar, corporate directory and I am able to send emails from my corporate account.  However, it still doesn't sync incoming emails.  Last night I did a complete clean wipe of the device and still same issue.  In the settings, when I have "Verify Certificate" selected, I get an error message saying the certificate can't be verified.  So, I have unchecked this box.  I think it is odd that it is clearly connected (since I get calendar and can send email), but why would I not be able to receive email?  Several other business partners have indicated they are having the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: Corporate sync email issue after Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update
Bigwil

dkon, my user's issue was different from yours. After the update all his Outlook calendar events were missing. To fix this I had to completely wipe the phone as if it was new and reconfigure it. This resolved the calendar issue and email synced up fine. Make sure under Settings > Accounts > "Your email account" you have email checked as one of your options. This is a terrible way to upgrade a phone. Motorola can do much better than this! Good luck!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Not sure, maybe this will help?   Check out this FAQ :    http://tiny.cc/h8l5n

(I don't use Corp. Email).

0 Likes
jpalarchio

dkron wrote:

I was having no problem getting my corporate email synced on my Droid X running Android 2.2.  I received an OTA update to Android 2.3 on Monday (5/30/11) and since then I have not received any emails.  I deleted the account and re-added it.  It syncs my calendar, corporate directory and I am able to send emails from my corporate account.  However, it still doesn't sync incoming emails.  Last night I did a complete clean wipe of the device and still same issue.  In the settings, when I have "Verify Certificate" selected, I get an error message saying the certificate can't be verified.  So, I have unchecked this box.  I think it is odd that it is clearly connected (since I get calendar and can send email), but why would I not be able to receive email?  Several other business partners have indicated they are having the same problem.

I'm experiencing the same certificate issue on multiple Activesync accounts.

Never had this issue with 2.2.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello jpalarchio,

The software update has provided several enhancements to the Exchange Activesync functions. Just to confirm, are you having any data connection issues? I would recommend reaching out to your IT dept in reference to the certificate error. Your company's firewall may be blocking the device from accessing  the incoming server, which is why the emails might not be coming to the device. Feel free to reply once you have consulted with your IT dept.

Thank you..

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

what kind of cert? Self issued? I had alot of issues with my self issued certificate, as soon as I bought one from Go Daddy they went away. I am using a coprporate account now on GB and it is fine.

0 Likes
dkron

I did reach out to my IT department the day after the issue began.  They are working with Motorola as everyone in my company that has upgraded their Droid X is having the same problem.  They have already checked server settings and nothing seems to be working.

0 Likes
stop4it

Motorola updated their email with Gingerbread release, from what I am reading the fix they provided on the server does not work.

0 Likes
jwd1957

Problems with Corporate E Mail synch on a Droid X after upgrading to 2.3

Corporate E Mail is Lotus Notes, we use the Lotus Notes Traveller app to synchronize mail.

Had no problems until 2.3 upgrade. After upgrading no more mail was received. I wiped the device and attempted to reinstall. I receive a certificate warning then the app download fails.

Is there any known work around for this or any ETA on a patch from Google?

Thanks JWD

0 Likes
jwd1957

I'm seeing the same type of behavior. We are also getting certificate not issued by a trusted provider messages. Our CA for this is Entrust which is listed in the Droid trusted providers list.

We did not get such messages prior to the GB upgrade. Our users who have not upgraded to GB are not having this problem.

Even if we select to continue to the page despite the warning, our mail app fails to download. This is not a problem with the IT departments of the people reporting the problem this is for sure something new with the GB upgrade.

Thanks JWd

0 Likes