Contacts
romamerica
Enthusiast - Level 1

I migrated my blackberry contacts to my X by sync to Google. Now they appear on my phone as Google contacts but when I do a backup they do not appear. So my question is pretty much how do I transfer these "Google" contacts to appear as though I entered them manually. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts
TTRedRaider10

Try using the Verizon Backup Assistant. I have a blackberry, and when I get my X, I'll do the backup through the backup assistant.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I tried Backup Assistant just to see if it would transfer my Google contacts from my Droid 1 to my X, and it would not work. The only contacts transferred were the VZW ones (PMT, BAL, etc.). They had already transferred via Google, but I wanted to see if BA would work. It also would not show the contacts on the BA website after syncing.

0 Likes
romamerica
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to transfer my contacts off a AT&T Blackberry to a Droid X.. It doesn't seem to work using BA

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

romamerica wrote:

I am trying to transfer my contacts off a AT&T Blackberry to a Droid X.. It doesn't seem to work using BA

AT&T phones don't support back up assistant that is why.

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

I opened Outlook and exported them to a csv file then imported that to google. Same thing with my calendar.

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Seems to me that there are "Phone Contacts" and "Google" contacts.  If you open up a contact on your phone, tap on Linked Profiles and you'll see whether the contact is a Google contact, a Phone Contact, or both.   The contacts that you enter on your phone itself are both.  The contacts that you enter online while in your Gmail account are Google contacts only.  If you want all your contacts to be backed up to both Google and Backup Assistant, they have to either all be entered manually on your phone or they have to have gotten to your phone in the first place from Backup Assistant.    That's because Backup Assistant only backs up Phone contacts, and Google only backs up Google contacts.  If a contact is both, it'll be backed up in both places.   Sounds like your contacts are backed up at Google because that's where you entered them (or imported them to)  in the first place.  My advice, if you want them to also be in Backup Assistant, would be to export a CSV file from Gmail and then import that file into Backup Assistant.  At least I think you should be able to do that.  Hopefully that won't double your contacts!  I had the opposite problem.  When I got the Droid X I had all contacts from my old phone on BA and they were pulled down to my Droid X, and I wondered why they wouldn't sync and show up on their own in Gmail.  I finally exported a CSV from BA and imported it to Google.  I was worried it would double my contacts, but it didn't.  Worked great, so I'm thinking it should work fine in the opposite direction too.

0 Likes