Contacts won't synchronize to my phone
Julie329

My contacts periodically disappear off my phone. Unsure if this is after a system update or not, but it frustrating. Usually I can go to Backup Asst online, undelete them from the trash, sync, and be on my way. Not so today. Today the contacts are not in the trash, and repeated backups on my phone, and syncs from online BA have not restored them to my phone. What gives and what do I try now??

0 Likes
Re: Contacts won't synchronize to my phone
Julie329

Randomly, after posting, my contacts appeared in the trash online. I undeleted them from the trash and synced back to my phone (took two times though). I'm now following directions from Jerry F and other posts:

• Turned off AutoSync
  • Exported contacts to SD card
  • Used My Files app to save the contacts to my Google account
  • Used My Files app to save the contacts to SkyDrive
0 Likes
Re: Contacts won't synchronize to my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Julie329!

Issues with vanishing contacts does cause me to raise my eyebrow as well with concern. So, let's work on this together.

Now, thank you for all you've done thus far with restoring contacts via the trash with the online feature. At this time, there are no current known issues with Backup Assistant so we should focus our attention to the device. First, may I ask if you have the most up to date software? To check, go to settings > about phone to check for a new one. Something else we'll want to do is going to settings > applications > manage applications > all > Backup Assistant > and force stop the application. Much of that is a preventative measure to keep this from happening again. You may also wish to manage when your device syncs if. Now, let's talk missing contacts. Were you able to login a second time and view the trash to see if these contacts came back? The sync between the device and the online application may cause a delay. And if not, approximately how many are you missing? Let's start the recovery!

EvanO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes