Contact Sync
OwossoBob

When I add a Gmail contact in my computer it shows up immediately on my phone, but if I add a contact on my phone it doesn't show up on the computer. Shouldn't it work both ways?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contact Sync
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  And if you haven't noticed already, calendar events work the same ... if you save them to the phone calendar, they won't be synced to your Google calendar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you add the contact on your phone, are you adding it as a Google/Gmail contact?  If you are adding it as a phone contact, it won't sync with Gmail.

OwossoBob

OK Thanks. I was adding it at 'People' in the Phonebook. I can't see how to add it as a Gmail contact on the phone. But I understand now that a contact added in Gmail on thr computer gets added to the phonebook on the phone, but not the other way.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you create a new contact under the People application, scroll all the way to the top of the dialog. There will be an option for where to save the contact. Choose the Gmail address if not already selected.

Once it is saved you can't change it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  And if you haven't noticed already, calendar events work the same ... if you save them to the phone calendar, they won't be synced to your Google calendar

0 Likes
OwossoBob

Thanks!

0 Likes