Comcast email not working
Lisa29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every since this new 2.2 FroYo update I have had problems with my incredible. The most frustrating is that after the download I lost 1/2 of my comcast emails. Now this morning I lost the other half. It only appears to keep them for 1 day then auto deletes them. Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Most importantly does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you.

Tags (2)
Re: Comcast email not working
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

I understand your frustration regarding your device issues that you are experiencing. What you can do in order to help the issue is to try and do a hard reset on your device. Here are the steps for a hard reset:

From the home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower-left).

Select Settings.

Select SD & phone storage.

Select Factory data reset

Select the reset option.

Reset phone

Resets the phone

Reset phone & Internal storage

Resets the phone and the internal storage

Select Erase Everything.

0 Likes
brandylikewine

Lisa every since I updated, I too am having a problem with my Comcast (POP)email. However, my emails don't ever show up on my phone...UGH! This is so frustrating, as this is my email that I use the most. My AOL (IMAP) emails are fine though...WTH!

VERIZON, CAN WE GET SOME HELP? PLEEAASSE!

0 Likes
brandylikewine

I tried this and it did nothing but cause me to lose my downloaded widgets. I still cannot receive my POP email. Please help.

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I too have had the same problem.  Doing a system rest does no good and makes you lose all your apps (they also disapear from the market downloads section too).  I have read through some other posts and a reply to mine  that this is a feature and not a problem.  It is meant to keep your inbox from cluttering.  Sorry, but I see it more as a problem.  I need to call Verizon back today and let them know I am still having this problem (called two nights ago and they had not had any complaints about this issue yet but would escalate it to HTC).  Hopefully they will have more insight into this today.

0 Likes
Lisa29
Enthusiast - Level 2
I don't know why they said they had no complaints on this issue. I called Verizon the day I got the upgrade and lost half my email and then the following day when I lost the other half. I too was told they were not aware of this issue. Seems to be their standard answer. Luckily for some reason my email is working fine now.
0 Likes
pb2past
Enthusiast - Level 2

it is the same problem with all pop3 e-mails since 2.2 Upgrade. Please see my notes in "2.2 kills pop e-mails"

0 Likes
ksfrogman

I too have had this problem since the very first day I updated to 2.2.  For many of us former comcast users, our email changed from @comcast.net to @ca.rr.com.  Nonetheless, I lost all my old emails, and subsequent ones as the inbox refreshes.  I will not hard reset my phone, because many have confirmed this does not work.  This is a problem with the update software, not with the process of updating.

0 Likes
dbeech

I tried this at the recommendation of the Verizon tech support.  Did not fix any issues I have except frustration of losing APS.

They acted like they had never heard of all the problems.... 

Don't they Google??

0 Likes
MRBE57

After posting and reading numerous threads on the issue of POP3 emails disappearing since the upgrade, it would be nice to at least get an acknowledgement from Verizon that they are aware of the problem . Hopefully they are also aware (by now) that this problem cannot be solved by any kind of reset.   At this point , I would be happy to hear "  yes-we're working on that ."

0 Likes