Changed FB email/password and now can't log in with Droid. Login Fine through PC
jlynn74

I am pretty sure this is a real bug. I have found other people with the same problem online but no resolutions.

I got my Droid yesterday - wnet through set up and all was perfect with gmail and FB access. Since I was using a fake email for FB, I decided to change the emaill address to my real one because of the the great intergration with the Droid/gmail/FB combo.

Now, I can log in fine to FB on the PC, using the web browser on the droid and using something like FB lite on the droid, but NOT with the native bundled application on the droid.

Error Message: Login! An error has occured during the sign in. Please try again later.

If I purposely use a bad password, I get a wrong username/password error, so I know it is not my username/password, plus I can log in fine via the Droid web.

So far this is what I have done for troubleshooting:

Deleted all broswer cookies/passwords/form data.

Reformatted SD card.

Reset factory settings on phone.

Set the whole phone up again.

I have NOT unistalled/reinstalled the app since I cannot find this particuliar app in the marketplace. There are other FB apps, but I cannot find this specific VerizonDroid app there.

0 Likes
Re: Changed FB email/password and now can't log in with Droid. Login Fine through PC
Droid12345

I am having the same issue.  I logged out of the Facebook App.  When I attempted to log back in I am getting the same message.  I can log into Facebook through the browswer no problem.  I have now lost all of my syncing.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if maybe the system is just currently down?

0 Likes
Re: Changed FB email/password and now can't log in with Droid. Login Fine through PC
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1
i would try this:
goto settings-->manage applications-->menu-->filter-->all
then click on the facebook application to go to it's settings page
then click "clear data"

I don't have the issue so I can't tell you whether it works, but it may clear it up for you
0 Likes
Droid12345

No, that didn't work.  Still getting the same message

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1
Sorry, I can't think of anything else
0 Likes
jlynn74

I read this on a another forum. Looks like this is a big issue.

"Join the club. People are changing their FB account accesses to gmail accounts to get the FB notify and inbox messeges on their phone. The problem is, once you make that change you can no longer login via Facebook for Android and use the sync options. You can log in with the new gmail account everywhere else...including the phones browser. FB ... Read Morefor andriod is retaining some info somewhere (probably server side...given that people have reset there phones and still had no lucj) that is not letting you get back in using the new gmail account. This actually violates Facebooks terms and conditions for developers - When you go to your Facebook Settings- Applications- Authorized (on FB not the phone) and remove an application from your account ("Facebook for Android" in this case) the developer is required to remove all information related to you from his database. There is some bug in the cleanup process, otherwise you would just be able to remove the app from your FB settings and come in with a clean start.....you can't. Lets us know if yours starts working."

0 Likes
Droid12345

Yeah, this definately seems to be a large problem.  This really sucks because I was loving the contacts syncing.

I didn't change my FB to my new gmail account and I am still experiencing this problem.  Are we all just assuming this is a problem with the App and Facebook and until it is resolved we wont be able to do any syncing (which happens to be a HUGE part of the Droid experience).

Come on Verizon, get ontop of this please.

0 Likes
jlynn74

I'd keep posting outrage everywhere - they more vocal we are, the better the chance o getting noticed. I am posting this to other places to promote the problem, but also to attract the attention of development guru's who might  have us try something else for  a solution. I bought the darn phone for the "google/facebook intergration - this was a huge selling point.

0 Likes
seriouscat

My and my husband's Droids are doing the exact same thing. I had to exchange my phone because something was broken on the first one I was sent. I could log in fine with the first one and it synched everything up. I did change my email on the account to my new Gmail account, so that may have coincided with that, but I'm not sure since I the first one broke before I did that (and I couldn't attempt to log in with that username on that particular phone). 

We brought them both to a Verizon store here and the guy was very nice. He submitted a report on both the phones and even called a friend to have him try to log in (it gave him the same message, so he submitted a report on his friend's phone too). The guy told us that he was pretty sure that Verizon would fix the problem soon since EVERYONE uses Facebook and they're going to get a lot of calls. In the meantime, though it won't synch your info, you can still log in through the browser, so that's what I've been doing.

0 Likes
Backnblack

Look at the top of the Home screen. You will see a triangle with and explanation point on the left of the status bar. long press on it and drag the notification screen down. It should say can't log into Gmail. Tap on that and you will be able to change the password on the Droid for you Gmail account.

0 Likes