Can't call out or text all of a sudden, all calls transerred to "America Roaming"
Anidamo

Hi,

I've had my droid for about two weeks, and all of a sudden tonight it decided it no longer wanted to make texts or connect calls. I picked it up to send a text and it refused to go through three or four times, so I tried calling Voicemail to get rid of the New Voicemail icon I had sitting in my Notification Bar. To my surprise and confusion, I got a message stating something to the effect of:

"Please hold while your call is transferred to an external operator, where you will be able to place a call using collect or using a credit card." *some time passes* "Welcome to Verizon America Roaming. To place a call using collect, press 1... etc."

The Droid doesn't give me any indication that it's in roaming mode, and I still have the usual 3G icon and my data works. I've tried calling *228 several times, it goes through the programming process and completes successfully but nothing changes. I've battery pulled a couple times too.

So anyone have any idea what the heck is going on? I'll probably take it to the Verizon store tomorrow after school but I'd like to fix this if at all possible before taking that route.

EDIT: Well I just checked and all three phones in the house are experiencing this problem, Droid, Droid Eris, and BlackBerry Storm. They all receive data and email, but can't call out or text, and calling one of them from a landline just goes to voicemail after a few rings. Guess we'll definitely be paying a visit to the Verizon store tomorrow and this is probably the wrong forum to post this in anyway.

Just figured I'd ask in the meantime: does anyone have an idea if this is just a localized, temporary outage?

0 Likes
Re: Can't call out or text all of a sudden, all calls transerred to "America Roaming"
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I would call in instead of going to the store. Why? well because its faster, and it seems like a tech issue, the store would probably just call for you. Call it in first.
0 Likes