Can MS Outlook, Word and Excel be used on the Droid?
rstieffel
0 Likes
Re: Can MS Outlook, Word and Excel be used on the Droid?
HeyItsThatGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

rstieffel wrote:

You have to download an App from the Android Marketplace (both free) called "QuickOffice" or "DataViz." Then your good to go. Both programs are supposed to be great.

0 Likes
rstieffel

Thanks.

0 Likes
BoltsRUs

My biggest question is about outlook contact and calendar sync. Anybody know if this will be possible? I think this is what has kept me tied down to windows mobile devices so far. I need  to be able to manage appointments and contacts on my work and home PCs.

0 Likes
jgcraftmom

This is my biggest worry too. I have been trying to research how the notification bar works on it, but it is really hard to find answers on this device or the android 2.0 os.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

according to the launch kit which has leaked onto the internet it will be possible to sync your Outlook calander and e-mail etc with your droid phone.

0 Likes
1newbury

I'm new to android, will android sync with my IMac and MacBook OSX 6.x, calendar, email, itunes, address book.....?

1Newbury

0 Likes
DougW

It is a given that one can sync outlook via wireless exchange if your company offers it, but can one sync outlook via a wired PC interface (like a PDA) as one can do with Black Berry?

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually it ISN'T a given that you can sync with corporate web based Exchange servers... Depends on what rule set your IT organization uses as Android doesn't support some things like exchange account PIN numbers and remote wiping for Exchange connections (need separate app called Touchdown for that). So if you IT requires those features to be enforced, no Exchange syncing out of the box (without additional app).

Not sure if you can sync via wire or not, as I haven't done that in years (on any kind of phone) since Exchange push based sync came about.

Jason

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, after looking at the DROID user manual, the only thing it mentions in regards to Outlook sync is web based Exchange sync (manual pg. 20). I would guess that means it won't sink with Outlook via USB out of the box. Previous versions of Android did not sync w/Outlook out of the box either. Most people either used an app to sync outlook -> google or did other weird workarounds.

However, there very well could be an app that allows direct Outlook sync via USB. Not sure, but I know I've never seen one.

Jason Bottjen

0 Likes