Camcorder will not work
SARABOM12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the droid incredible on 11/17/10.  Since then I have tried to use the video camcorder several times and it will not function (never has).  The app loads and the instructions tell me to press the joystick and everything.  When I do this, the box turns green, it clicks, but then nothing happens.  No video will record. There is clearly something wrong with the application.  No idea what to do next.  I would like to avoid having to bring the phone back into the store if anyone has any suggestions.  I would also like to avoid a complete re-boot and losing all data.......(if possible)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Camcorder will not work
SARABOM12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it....didnt realize that the joystick was to point where you wanted the video to record and then the button to start recording was BELOW and "home", "menu," "back" buttons....yeh....slightly ambiguous....I've read a few posts from people who were confused by this....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RobCash

camcorder.. I haven't heard that since the 80s... hehe...

After you video from the menu, close the menu by swiping it back to the left.  Then press the optical joystick below the menu button.. and that will start video recording.

0 Likes
SARABOM12
Enthusiast - Level 2

The app is called "camcorder!" haha....yeh, I have def made sure the mode was in "video" and not camera.....

Like I said, the joystick clicks like it is going to start recording and then nothing happens....

0 Likes
SARABOM12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it....didnt realize that the joystick was to point where you wanted the video to record and then the button to start recording was BELOW and "home", "menu," "back" buttons....yeh....slightly ambiguous....I've read a few posts from people who were confused by this....

0 Likes