Browser continues to refresh...anyone have a solution?
DrPhilip
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night I attempted to do a Google search on my Droid Charge.  When I pulled up the Browser where Google is the home page, the page continues to refresh on its own, not allowing me to enter anything in the search line.  I have already both restarted the device and, when that didn't work, pulled the battery and it continues to do this.  Any fixes?  I would rather not have to go to the Verizonwireless store and have them look at it.  Of interest is that one of my "apps" is just a link to the web and I am able to get to that site and it works.

After reading a number of other posts on this area I can only hope that my next phone will be less trouble than this one has been.  Unfortunately, it is not due until 2/2013.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Browser continues to refresh...anyone have a solution?
DrPhilip
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally looked at a few other posts, cleared history and cache and it has been working well (or as well as it has been recently).  I find that occasionally I can not get any reception even though it indicates there is a 4G network and that there is ongoing data exchange. Then the application (either the browser or the Xfinify app) will time out for lack of a network.  I am not sure whether that is due to network outage or of the NETWORK not being connected to the Internet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DrPhilip,

Let's make sure you are able to browse the internet from your phone. Please go to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All> Browser> Force Stop & Clear Data. This will refresh and reset the app. Let us know if you have any other question.

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
DrPhilip
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally looked at a few other posts, cleared history and cache and it has been working well (or as well as it has been recently).  I find that occasionally I can not get any reception even though it indicates there is a 4G network and that there is ongoing data exchange. Then the application (either the browser or the Xfinify app) will time out for lack of a network.  I am not sure whether that is due to network outage or of the NETWORK not being connected to the Internet.

0 Likes