Bluetooth does not auto-reconnect to earpiece
hermanator

Just got a warranty replacement phone. Previously, my Plantonics Explorer 395 earpiece worked perfectly with my Motorola Droid X. Now, with the new phone I have to go into settings/wireless & networks/Bluetooth settings/ each time and manually reconnect (it says "paired but not connected). This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!

System: 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Model Number: DROIDX

Android version: 2.3.4

Basebrand version: BP_C_01.09.15P

Kernel version: 2.7.32.9-g1282440mcbk83@il93lnxdroid08#1

Build number: 4.5.1_57_DX8-51

DRI version: 5

PRL version: 52986

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth does not auto-reconnect to earpiece
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your bluetooth up and running Hermanator!  Have you tried to "forget" or delete the bluetooth name, disabling/enabling the bluetooth setting and repairing?  If so and unsuccessful please backup and reset the device by following here http://bit.ly/T0BfOY  Please test and share.  Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth does not auto-reconnect to earpiece
hermanator

While waiting for a response I called support. After going through various diagnostics over the phone the Verizon tech decided to replace my phone. The second replacement phone acts just the same, so it must be a software issue. This is what happens:

• Turn on bluetooth earpiece, phone does not connect
  • Status - Paired but not connected.
  • I tap on it and status reads "connecting" but does not connect
  • Status reads "Pair with this device?" I tap on it and it reads "pairing" then "connected to phone audio"

I have to go through the above sequence each time to connect my earpiece. It worked flawlessly with my old phone.

Please fix your software release!

Hermanator

0 Likes