Bionic ics 4.0.4 update
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

My friend has a bionic that recently upgraded to ics over wifi and now the phone started talking back to her and for instance if she pressed an app the phone talks back or read everything that she does ( open an email the phone reads the whole email out loud)

So under settings accessibilities and talked back was turned off

Somehow the software will not detect that talked back is set on "off"

This really frustrates her because I turn the phone off and upon turning it back on the phone reads out loud " preparing sd card" I was like what is going on?

So I wipe cache partition

Took out the battery/sim card **same issue**

She didn't wanna do a FDR yet?

Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
Re: Bionic ics 4.0.4 update
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Do a Phone Cache Wipe (there are instructions in the forum here for how to do it. That will release any of the old or leftover code that is still on the system. If that fails to work, a FDR might be in order.

When did she do the update?

0 Likes
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

she did it today and wipe partition was done so I am going to back up her files and stuffs and performed the reset bc no other options so FDR is last resort I believe

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Do NOT do a FDR yet. First thing I would try is removing the SD Card. The phone is trying to optimize itself with the new OS and it can take anywhere from 3 hours to 72 hours to do depending on how much stuff is on the phone. If you pull the SD Card and restart the phone it will optimize faster and should stabilize faster. The only issue is when you put the card back in, it will try to optimize that as well and that will take some time but you can do that at night and let it run over night.

Astro File Manager has an option to backup and restore Applications so that would be the next thing I do. Then wait it out especially if she has a lot of pictures, music, ringtones, documents, apps on the phone.

I have very few and it took my phone a few hours to completely update.  Runs perfectly now

0 Likes