Re: Bionic Cannot Hold Data Connection
Another_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the Bionic for several months after three ThunderBolts malfunctioned. This is the worst my data connection has ever been, in regards to maintaining the blue colored 4G. My problem took place after 4G expansion in Hagerstown, MD and the 905 OTA. I have it somewhat fixed by calling VZW tech support tier 2. They advised a SIM replacement for free. It helped some, as my data connection lasted 30 seconds or less at a time. Tech tier 2 also forwarded my issue to the Network Engineering section. It still is not real stable, but it is better than 30 seconds of data at a time. The issue still exists though. A shame as the Unlimited Data package wants used. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem. It is the phone it is a pure piece of $hit. Verizon most likely knew this before the phone was released. Back tracking, note this:

• They cut the return period from 30 days to 15.
  • Did away with "new every two".
  • Released the Razr a month after the Bionic, well out of the 15 day return window
  • Cut the price of the Bionic to $99 about two months after release.
  • Have not attempted to fix the 4g LTE network issues.

Verizon knew exactly what they were doing and what we were getting when they released this piece of garbage.

I've changed the SIM card. Same problems. Updated the firmware. same problem. Reboot, etc.

Their solution: Switch to 3G!! No f'ing crap!

Changing to a replacement Bionic will not fix the problem. There is a serious problem and they are not going to

fix it unless forced to.

At this point they can shove the ICS 4.0 up their a$$!! i want the network problems fixed first!!

Why upgrade the O/S and still have the same connection problems??

OCGabe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same experience as you. I started calling technical support 3-days after receiving my Bionic. They told me to try all of these "fixes", then at the 16th day, they said that I could not have a repacement. I argued that I had been calling them since day 3 - it's not my fault that they lead me on. They replied that they would let me change, but because I was outside of the 15 days, I would be subject to a 30% restocking fee.

0 Likes
MarkOmaha

I found out that I can't have facebook app running or open.  As soon as I do my data connection and GPS are hosed.

0 Likes
MarkOmaha

I did a factory reset and tried to figure out what application was hosing my data connection and gps.  I found out that it was the Facebook app for android.  As soon as I open or have that running it makes me lose data connection.  There is some kind of issue with the versions of facebook and android that I currently have on my phone.  I have been having issues for four weeks now with data and gps.  As soon as I unistalled and stopped using the facebook app for android I have had blazing fast internet again with no drops.

0 Likes
MarkOmaha

Needless to say four calls to verizon wireless support and they never have an answer other than they can send me a new bionic since I am still under warranty.  It is obvious that it isn't the phone and is a software issue.

0 Likes