Re: Apps that can't be deleted
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Oh man, I hate it when I show up late for the party. For all you who are so worried about these apps running in the background, stop it, they are not running, just waiting. This is the biggest misconception about android from people with a windows background, myself included until I did some research. Just because you downloaded a task killer and it shows an app loaded into memory does not mean it's active. Android likes to keep as many things as possible loaded into memory up to it's low memory limit. The first things to load will always be system apps (anything that comes preloaded on the phone) and apps that are commonly used and, if the system is below that low memory limit, it will fill it. The commonly used apps will eventually take precedence over system apps that don't get used, but it takes time. This is also why apps continue to "restart" after being killed. You kill it, the phone drops below the low memory limit and it looks for something to fill that extra space with. Oh, and, nobody is forcing you to use them, if you don't want to, don't. As someone here stated, there are alternatives, the market is a wonderful place. The only reason those apps are preloaded is because Verizon thought they would be a good selling point, so they contracted out to subsidize the cost of the phone. They are a business, they made a business decision, God bless capitalism.
0 Likes
cookiestory

Well, download Uninstaller app, then you can probably delete it.  I usually go to DroidApps.com to download the essential apps.  Hope it works.   

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There really isn't any way to remove the stock installed apps no matter what app you use, the only method would void your warranty on your device to do this.

Good Luck..

0 Likes
x0m6ie

i just wanted to let some people know that one of the bloat ware apps i had a issue with, Skype, i do not have a issue with anymore, a update for that specific app fixed why i thought it was ridiculous to have on the phone.  still waiting for a update for cityid and vz nav so i can at least keep them from loading but i have decided that time will cure all...just letting time go by now.

0 Likes