Alternate Launchers
RuthWT

I just loaded and am setting up the ADW.launcher.  I love it and want to keep using it for now.  However, if I select the box "use by default for this action"....how can I get rid of it if I want to go back to the original launcher?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alternate Launchers
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

After choosing clear defaults, it'll give you the option of the stock launcher or ADW when you hit the home button so you can always switch back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Settings-Applications-Manage Applications.  Find and select ADW Launcher and choose Clear Defaults

0 Likes
RuthWT

Wow, simple enough.  I like this alternate launcher, but it kind of scares me to not have the option to go back to the default.  I could just uninstall it and I'll be back....right?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

After choosing clear defaults, it'll give you the option of the stock launcher or ADW when you hit the home button so you can always switch back.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Everytime I come in to answer a question you already have the answer.
0 Likes
bendrum30

Get the App called "ClearDefaultHome". It's free and is a quick solution to allow the "Complete Action Using" popup. Hope this helps! Also, check out LauncherPro. it's awesome!

0 Likes
HipHopTechie

"Home Switcher" is another option for changing back the the default launcher or other alternate launcher if you decide to change your mind.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@bendrum

ADW>>>> Launcherpro

I use "home switcher" ... some people say it doesn't work with 2.2, but it works fine with mine.
0 Likes