Alarm Clock
bh0618

I try to use the alarm clock on the incredible, but since the screen is off for a long period of time, the time does not update until I turn it back on.  Because of that, my alarm clock never turns on.  Is there a way to do this that I am not seeing?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Alarm Clock
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Did you try to test the alarm? Set it for like 2 min and turn the screen off. It should go off at the correct time.

Are you in airplane mode?

I'm confused to what is wrong thats happening can you explain a little further?

0 Likes
bh0618

I have tried it in airplane mode and off airplane mode.  If the phone screen is blank (I guess sleep mode) it does not go off.  When I usually take the phone off sleep mode (push the top button), the time on the screen updates.  I am thinking that if the time does not update while in sleep mode, the alarm doesn't know to go off.

0 Likes
barsan

I was also having this issue, what I did was delete my alarms, turn my phone off. Once I turned the phone back on I redid the alarms.  I also checked  the settings for the alarm to ring when in silent mode.  If you have the task killer make sure you uncheck the clock. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
scottph3

I downloaded the DeskClock widget (or app maybe).  AT night I turn it on and put it on nighttime.  It still charges the battery but stay on all night and the alarm always works.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

same issue the first week i had the phone....did exactly what barsan did as well. worked fine ever since.

0 Likes
jrichview

I used to have a Blackberry Storm.  When powered off, the Storm will actually power up to run the alarm clock.  In fact, you can schedule power downs and power ups.

So, my new "incredble" can't do that?  Incredible!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

jrichview wrote:

I used to have a Blackberry Storm.  When powered off, the Storm will actually power up to run the alarm clock.  In fact, you can schedule power downs and power ups.

So, my new "incredble" can't do that?  Incredible!

As long as you don't use a task killer, the alarm work fine.

0 Likes
jrichview

budone wrote:
As long as you don't use a task killer, the alarm work fine.

I have one but the clock app is excluded.  Only really kills a few apps.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The the alarm will work fine. I have never had it not go off...... I take that back. It did not go off one time when I turned on the WRONG alarm which was for weekends only. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes