After update, photos moved from phone SD Card to ???
ParanoidAndroid

Problem Description

After the recent Android update, all the photos on my HTC Incredible moved from the phone's SD Card [DCIM/100MEDIA] to some other directory that I cannot locate. I can still see the images in the gallery so in my case they are not gone. I surmise that the new location is on the phone's internal storage. Looking at the Details of the images in my photo gallery the new location [directory] is: /mnt/emmc/DCIM/100MEDIA

Complaints

If this is correct, that was not a decision for Google and their partners [Verizon] to make without at the very least notifying their customers. This is a time consuming [wasting] hassle to figure out and resolve so that I can [hopefully] resume synching photos from my phone to my computer.

Request to Verizon Support

• Tell us how to resolve this without using HTC Synch or a computer, if that is at all possible. I can no longer synch my images...
  • Also, for those who may not have updated, how can they avoid this issue?
  • Lastly, please provide feedback to the Android team about this - if they are going to move our files from one directory to another, they should anticipate that their customers need to know that is happening and where to find them and how to access them again.

Thanks,

ParanoidAndroid

0 Likes
Re: After update, photos moved from phone SD Card to ???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you know that this community is a peer to peer forum and we don't have access to the product team?

Have you called customer service and asked them for assistance?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RexManteca
Enthusiast - Level 1

download a file manager from the store call "explorer" from speed software. it's free and has an excellent search facility.

0 Likes
ParanoidAndroid

Thanks, Rex, good advice. I chose a different file manager [Astro] before reading your post, but I believe this is the most practical approach for anyone who is somewhat technically inclined and comfortable using Windows Explorer or Finder. I will check out Explorer, especially given that it is free Smiley Happy. I think I paid $2.99 for Astro, but no regrets - it got me out of this bind. One editorial comment: in retrospect it seems odd to me that the Android team did not build in at least a basic file manager - or that HTC chose not to make it available if Android does in fact have a built-in file manager - ?

0 Likes
ParanoidAndroid

Thanks, Ann, I appreciate the reminder re: the forum being peer to peer. After a series of fairly thorough searches seeking insight and/or advice on this issue, I posted under the presumptions that:

• People who are having this issue, or similar issues, will search on it and may find this post
  • Verizon, HTC, Google and other developers and product teams also do searches, and/or monitor [or in the case of larger companies, pay services to monitor ] forums, blogs, etc. for issues, comments, ideas, etc.

I have no comment on getting helpful technical support from Verizon on the phone or in-store.

0 Likes