pretty solid 4G if in city, but 3G is nonexistant if I go to CDMA only

or out of network. I think that is the real issue, let me know if you

can get 3G. When 4G is lost, instead of downshifting it just loses

network completely.

0 Likes
Re: 4g randomly turning off on Droid 4
dieselderek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah I called Verizon yesterday (7/23/12) and spoke to someone who said that the issue is under investigation and that there's supposed to be a software update coming out around the end off the month.  I'm in a good area for 4G and a few friends of mine have different phones and have no issues with their 4G coverage.  Mine does go to 3G from time to time depending on where I am, but I spend a majority of my time with the white 4G displayed at which time I have no data, only cell coverage.  I have unlimited data, so that's not the issue.  I hope they fix this soon.  Its been a great phone otherwise.

0 Likes
moonryder2

Yep thats the only problem I have had I absolutely Love the phone, thanks for the info, I know the wifi box just had to be updated recently and they took care of that issue quick.

Lynn Berryman//moonryder2

>

0 Likes
msawoc

I have been having this same problem with my Droid4 since the first day I bought it, at the end of June. I will open an app, the signal bars turn from blue to grey, and there is no data connection. It happens about 85% of the time that I try to use the phone for something other than making a call or texting. I restart the phone and still have the same problems.

Recently I've been having issues connecting to calls that aren't saved in my contacts. I'll hit the green "connect" button and nothing happens. Then about 1 minute later my phone will call the number I tried dialing initially. Has anyone else had this problem or something similar?

This data connection issue is extremely frustrating and I hope that Verizon gets it fixed ASAP. I am regretting "upgrading" from my Droid2, which I never had these issues with.

0 Likes
eman626c
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the Droid 4 since it came out and this was never a problem until about 2-3 weeks ago. Makes me think it isn't the phone and something Verizon did.  They really need to fix this though, I'm really getting tired of paying for data I can't even use.  I do find if I turn off LTE it will hold a 3G connection most of the time, but what's the point in having a 4G phone that only works on 3G.  Looking for a fix ASAP Verizon!

Dudesfl

This was my fix too. I just put the phone in CDMA only. But like you what is the point of 4G.  I did get a credit for data on this months bill. But that was after calling and complaining 5 times, and them sending new sim card and replacement phones. Now i was supposed to get a phone call back from Tech support but that never happened. Getting frustrated.  

0 Likes
dafababa2002

So my wife's phone has had the same issues the last few weeks. Here is how I fixed it and everything has worked great for about the past hour. Settings - Data Manager - Global Data Roaming Access - Allow access for all trips needs to be selected.

That's it, should work after that

0 Likes
Seductive1

I definitely would not recommend that because it allows data roaming. If

your roams for data unexpectedly, you could be faced with roaming charges.

Roaming charges are expensive.

On Jul 29, 2012 1:34 PM, "dafababa2002" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
brewmarsh

I have also been having the same problem since mid-June. I've done a factory reset, replaced the SIM, the phone, had 3 tickets open on the network in my area and this last time I called I was connected with Motorola who said that there will be an update in Q3 that may or may not fix it.

Pretty frustrating here but I'm glad to hear that someone else is having the same problems.

0 Likes
dafababa2002

There is no such thing as "roaming data" in the USA, all data in the USA is considered "Home Network".  The only time you would be in any trouble is if you lived very close to, or went to a border country without first swithching off Global Data Roaming. I have confirmed this with customer service.

0 Likes