cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Re: 4G dropping to 3G

Tim,

I just ran the speedtest.net test out here in northwestern NJ and got .97 Mbps down and .5 Mbps up.

0 Likes

Miembro

Yes! Thank you -- I did multiple speedtests on 2 thunderbolts and 1 LG (out of the options list as it has to reboot when switching from 3g 4g/4g 3g!)

and my charge and their 2 charges . ALL were <.82Mbps MAX download download and <1MBps upload

4G fast on all with thunderbolt the fastest though not with it's latest update

SO feels like i am cool with that 3g issue. ALTHOUGH that sweet Droid X2 was fast with 3G -- 1.2Mbps/1.5Mbponly s

only Remaining 'issue': Verizon sales reps not trying to sell but when in nerd mode with me noted along with tons of others on many forums for android (mostly owners of...) is that Thunderbolt does data and voice on 3G and should be considered as new Super AMOLED screens will be around but that won't.........

and i did like the extended battery size and feel on it and it has had many updates through this week and then they are saying even more fixes (all that for 3g data voice? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

good night all

0 Likes

Miembro

My question is why are ALL of us having to pay premium prices for Data when this service works marginally half the time. I don't have a problem with paying for what is advertised BUT feel we ALL should be given a break,   maybe knocking our costs in HALF till Verizon and Samsung figure all of this out.      Is that REALLY asking too much here?     I'm gettin tired of call in tech support denying any issues and their "fix" being replacing our new devices with REFURBISHED units. Not acceptable in my book.....

Miembro
4g goes to 3g all the time but the worst is when 3g drops out especially while typing an email like I was on the new york city bus in gmail... it offered to save as draft like gmail usually does but out did not save what I typed
oops it dropped to no connection then 1x here on west30 & 6th avenue
Ok now 3g again
I hope this goes through to post it
on this Samsung Charge model it is pretty much a crap shoot but then again I do live in small town Manhattan
do not expect anything with this phone that consistently keeps you connected to the internet without interruption... but like a writing session might just be because of all of the traffic and all of the big buildings! I lived all my life here and I.ve never heard something like that from voicestream tmobile for 10 years!
0 Likes

Miembro

this phone has been out for more than a year, I find it hard to believe you have been working diligently on this issue, please fix it

0 Likes

Miembro

I have not had 4 G for months.  This phone is terrible but cost too much to change now.  I will never get an android again.. freezes alot- terrible

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

Hello glorygeek,
I understand your concern and I would love to help!  Are you currently running software version i510.FP1?  Please install the Restore Connectivity Settings in the Play Store provided by Samsung to assist.  Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.  Thank you.  ^TB

0 Likes

Miembro

Hey timnyc,

I understand as I am on the other coast and in the San Francisco Bay Area and am often dropped from 4G to 3G all the time and most often when I am trying to use the system to demo a networking feature of the 4G system because I am demonstrating WordPress or some cPanel access where the current wifi access will not allow high security access.

This happens all of the time and I am given excuse after excuse to explain away the fact that they (verizion) can not deliver what they claim, EVER,.

THIS IS OLD AS I TALK TO THE TECH SUPPORT EVERY MONTH ABOUT THIS AND IT IS ALWAYS AFTER I TALK TO THEM THAT THEY SAY HOW SORRY THEY ARE AND THE SYSTEM ISN'T PERFECT BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH US AS WE ARE WORKING TO IMPROVE.

BULL SHIP...

KISS MY A**

I HAVE LISTENED TO THIS FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS NOW AND I AM TIRED OF HAVING TO SUCK IT UP AND THINK THAT THEY DO CARE.

VERIZION YOU SUCK. AND IF I WAS PROVIDING YOU THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE THAT YOU ARE SUPPLYING ME, I WOULD BE FIRED.

THIS IS FOR THE TIME OF MINE THAT YOU WASTE TRYING TO BE BUSINESS LIKE TO YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE.

I AM DONE BEING NICE...................................................

Miembro

so are you dropping Verizon and if so- what provider do you think might work better.  Besides these issues, my email freezes alot and when I call CS they walk me through a factory reset which is a pain in the $^$^. I am so tired of problems.

your opinion on another provider?

0 Likes

Miembro

I can be in the exact same spot and watch my Charge go from 4G to 3G or just plain nothing at all. Come on. The weather is nice outside; there is no reason the phone should drop like that.

0 Likes