4G Network not available at all
Tylandril

I have been 100% satisfied with the Bionic since purchased last September.  The 4G signal has been reliable enough and the speeds, well beyond my expectation.  This all came to a halt over the past 4 days.  I have been kicked into the 3G network completely.  I have not seen my phone operate in 4G, for 4 solid days now.  I have 3-4  bars of blue signal at all times, I have reset the phone, airplane moded, reset with SIM card out, all the small tricks I have read about.  My phone is still in this mode and I can't even load simple websites or social media, because the connection is so slow on 3G.  Verizon, my phone is in excellent condition with great signal.  There are numerous posts in these forums speaking to the facts that our Bionics are not functioning correctly. Why are the Bionic phones freaking out on us?  Why are we not getting our paid for 4G signal?  It is obviously a wide-spread condition, an update on your progress on the issue is in order.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide regarding this.

0 Likes
Re: 4G Network not available at all
drakster

Hey do you have it on 3G mode only or do you have it where you can get 4GLTE too ?

0 Likes
Tylandril

I have toggled both modes, and it remains on the 3G network.  It is currently set at CDMA/LTE. (Not CDMA only)

0 Likes
drakster

oh ok sorry that i could not help have a great night man !:)

0 Likes
jamie09

thanks Tylandrill i never noticed that setting on my phone and never had 4g becasue it was in the wrong mode.  its nice to see the 4glte finally light up on the screen

0 Likes
Daveomatic

The bionic is total junk, I've felt like throwing it many times.  4g lights up white, I'm lucky if it will go blue, or actually transmit or receive. Latest update made it worse. I wish they would recall these bricks.

0 Likes
BluJay75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgrade to the leaked ICS 4.0.4 and it should solve your problems.  Of course, I'm not responsible if you "brick" your phone.  Unfortuntely VzW chose to upgrade RAZR users first to ICS 4.0.x...my personal opinion is that they should have upgrade Bionic users first.  Needless today, ICS is being pushed to RAZRs and can be "manually" pushed to Bionics.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tylandril,  I apologize for the delayed response as I understand that the reliability of the connection is important!  Is this only happening in your home area?  Where are you located?  Are there other 4G users around you having a similar experience?  What is the current system version on your device?  To check go to Menu>Settings>About Phone.  I am confident we can continue to work towards a solution.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yale,

Are you serious?  Do you guys even read these forums?  There are dozens of threads here all in regards to this Bionic related 4G issue.

As customers, we have already tried the following, all with unsatisfactory results:

• Had the phone replaced with a refurb- same issue.
  • Swap SIM chips - same issue
  • Replace SIM chips - same issue.
  • Reboot phone - Same issue.
  • Switch to airplane mode and/or 3G mode then back to 4G - Same issue.
  • Check for latest OTA build - Same issue.

See a pattern?

Your're killing me as to asking if others around are having in his home area.  If Verizon READ these boards, you'd notice it's coast to coast, all markets, and it all started about 4-5 weeks ago.  Again, there are DOZENS of threads on this, and everytime a Verizon Rep stops by to read one, it's like Big Red never heard of this.  Incredible.