Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
bardiyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

so what I did last Thursday was calling customer care and asking for tech support. I told them that they have tried to fix the data connection issue but they have failed. Since they had replaced my phone before and they knew the new phone is not going to fix the problem, they offered me a HTC Rezound. it is basically an upgrade to Bionic. it has a faster processor and better screen. ICS is already on it(http://geekaphone.com/compare/HTC-Rezound-vs-Motorola-DROID-BIONIC). I looked around to see if there is any known issue with it, but it seems that the ics update have no problem so far. I think your guys should call and ask for you phone to be changed.

good luck .

0 Likes
ronsperber

I have been having problems with 4G connectivity as well. I called tech support and pointed out that I had my phone sitting right next to my wife's Droid 4 and hers showed 4G and mine was showing 3G. They tried a bunch of stuff and are sending me a replacement phone. The level 2 tech guy I talked to suggested that if the new phone had the same problem to call and it might be possible to get it replaced with a different phone.

0 Likes
Westro

I'm in the same boat in the Minnepolis area, data dropps have been getting worse.  Update to 095.XT875 didn't help.

0 Likes
blizzake86

my wife has been going back and forth with verizon for the last 6 months with this issue. she goes into the store, they give her the phone to talk to tech support, and they call her back the next day promising to send another phone. she talked with the same rep today, one who promised her a new replacement phone, then said his computer would not allow it. she said we can't continue with verizon anymore because of this (paying $200/month for a plan that doesn't work?!) and the rep just said "sorry, i can't help you anymore."

how did you get them to agree to send the Rezound???

0 Likes
bardiyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called them  and told them that they have replaced the phone 3 times already and the new phones have the same problem. you HAVE TO talk to tech support, they are the ones with the power of changing the phones. It is a law if they replace the phone more than 3 times and you still have the same problem, they have to replace the phone to something comparable or better. if they dont help you, simply creat a BBB complaint and someone from Corporate office will call you to resolve you issue.  

0 Likes
Shish_21

Called and complained to tech support. They didn't even argue which surprised me. After being offered a Razr, Droid 4, or a HTC Incredible 4G I went with the Incredible. It's so nice to have a functioning phone again. Shame on Verizon/Motorola for not addressing the problem first hand. I will never purchase a Motorola product again after this mess of a phone.

0 Likes
carvava
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reside in the Norfolk, VA and this issue started about 3 weeks ago. As of 3 days ago it started to get real bad. It will not stay connected.  I have forced my phone into CDMA Mode only.

According to Verizon Tech Support today: This is an IP configuration problem.

Verizon Wireless says there are 3rd party apps that are changing the configuration. I asked what apps and I was only given Advanced Task Killer, which I do not have loaded.  They have stated that ICS will fix the issue, however they will not confirm a release.  Sounds like they do not want to release ICS to older phones and want to force an upgrade.

Verizon: I am not upgrading my phone and maybe you need to remove all the CRAP apps you force to my phone.

0 Likes
appman

The latest system update to some of the 4G LTE Phones (Droid Bonic and Driod 4 for sure) have added some task that task killers kill off, causing the loss of 4G LTE connections.  We were using Advanced Task Killer and connection dropped as soon as it came back up with ATK installed.  After un-installing ATK, connection has been back to solid 4G LTE.

(This is in Virginia Beach)

If you're using a task killer of any kind, especially Advanced Task Killer... Try un-installing it completely and see if that resolves your problem with your data connection.  It seems to have worked on both phones for us.

0 Likes
Pele2048

I'm another Droid Bionic user with the same problem. I've had my Bionic since October/November of 2011.

I have had this problem since purchase and was promised a solution with a software update at the end of November/Early December.

That software update did not fix the issue. I am currently running 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US with no rooting or other modifications.

I've had Five phones sent to me as replacements... First two were from the local Verizon store and the other three were from 611 Technical support. (I just activated the last one I received.)

The signal type (4G, 3G, 1X), the up/down arrows under it, and the signal level indicator "bars" turn white. Sometimes the type and up/down arrows will disappear completely.

In fact, this issue happened to the last two phones right out of the box even before entering my Google mail account details. I had to power cycle a few times and wait a while to add my Google account.

I live in Washington D.C. and have not heard of any widespread network issues. Additionally, I have a Blackberry 9650 from work which always indicates a 3G signal and my wife's Motorola RAZR MAXX also indicates it has 4G service at the same time I have my issues.

Sometimes the issue will present itself while driving. I figure I cover a few different towers in 25 miles, however there will be no indications of data on the Bionic.

Sometimes the issue will present itself overnight. I'll wake up to a Bionic with no Data connection yet all the other phones in the room will have good Data.

Sometimes switching into and out of Airplane mode will solve the problem.

Sometimes a power cycle will solve the problem.

Sometimes forcing 3G mode will solve the problem. (Settings -> Wireless/Networks -> Mobile Network -> Network mode: CDMA Only)

Sometimes nothing will solve the problem and I have to wait it out.

I was advised to set Data Roaming to ON by 611 Technical Support. (Settings -> Data&Battery Manager -> Data Delivery -> Data Roaming: Checked)

This did not stop the problem from happening.

The last phone, I didn't even install apps on, I left it completely original in case an App was causing this problem. The problem still occurred.

So...

Different phones in the area work = It's not a Network issue.

Happens while traveling to different cell sites = It's not a tower issue.

No modified software and no installed apps = It's not a user induced software issue.

Tried multiple phones + reboots sometimes solve the problem = It's not a hardware issue or ALL Bionics are defective.

Every time I've talked to 611 about this they deny knowledge of this problem, despite numerous Internet comments on it.

611 Has offered me a Droid RAZR as a replacement. I have declined because I have several batteries for my Bionic so that I can swap them out when they die and I have a car and home dock for charging. The RAZR has a small battery and it is non-replaceable, therefore it is not equivalent to what I need.

Does anyone have a PERMANENT solution to the Droid Bionic problem?

0 Likes
ubm0158
Contributor - Level 1

Upgrade to eye-see-ess.

..•/\•..

//

//

0 Likes