Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your Maxx should be running ICS, correct? The issue on my boyfriend's Razr stopped once he got the ICS update. I believe there was also some fix sent out for ICS as well. My issue isn't just with Facebook. It's with any and all data using apps on my phone. I just wish ICS for Bionic would hurry up so we can all see if it fixes our problems.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

My second Maxx that i bought in June is running I.C.S.. My Maxx i bought in February is Running Gingerbread i'v been putting off updating it.. On my first Maxx i can get about a day and a Half but i don't really push my Maxx that hard. My first Maxx has lasted at Time 2 days..

0 Likes
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

Might this be the long awaited answer to ALL of our problems with the Bionic and other Motorola Phones? Read this link and tell us what you think. http://phandroid.com/2012/09/05/motorola-promises-developer-phones-jelly-bean-and-an-incentive-for-t...

I'm thinking that Verizon might want us to sign a new contract though and thus loose our existing contracts. This I don't want to do as I only have 1 smartphone and Verizon's "Circle" plan will cost me many more $$$ per month than what I'm paying now for my 4GB/month.

0 Likes
kerryb23
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue isn't with just facebook either.  It won't update any of my apps, unless I have it at home and connect it up the my home internet connection.  I have had Verizon for several years now and this is the first time I have been so disappointed in what is going on.  Instead of saying what was really going on, they just keep sending replacement phones, and factory resetting my phone, which I am getting tired of.  I just want my phone to work the way it is supposed to work for the amount of money I am paying every month for the service.

0 Likes
bardiyak
Enthusiast - Level 2

please make a FCC and BBB complaint. this way at least you can have your voice can be heard.

0 Likes
jurban

Mark,

I tried this.  Yes, that seems to have fixed it for me thus far.  It's only been a couple days, though.  I'll point other threads to your post because I think this might be a solution.

--Joe

0 Likes
Shish_21

Brand new to this forum because I googled "bionic 4g blue and white issues". This has been going on since every one on here has mentioned. It is beyond frustrating. I have noticed it acts up mostly when I use the Facebook app. Deleted that so we will see. Also unsynced my facebook account.

Where can I find the leaked ICS update? I am not very experienced with software but I dont care. If I can find a step by step guide to install it I will. Clearly Verizon has pushed Bionic users to the back burner and I'd be surprised if we ever get the official ICS upgrade.

0 Likes
jurban

It looks like removing the Facebook app is not 100% effective at improving the 4G access.  I've now got a new Bionic via warranty and have not installed Facebook yet.  It is also exhibiting the same issue.  But, I did use the "My Accounts" app to connect to Facebook.  I've just removed my association to that account to see if it impacts the connection. 

0 Likes
Shish_21

Facebook did not solve the problem. Also as previously mentioned, restarting the phone takes 3-4 minutes. GPS works 50% of the time. Google Talk has issues every day. The people I am talking to do not see what I wrote them and vise versa. I am so relieved to know I am not the only one with this problem, but this is beyond frustrating. Even when I have my phone on 3G only the data disconnects.

0 Likes
cpla

My phone is almost unusable. Data constantly drops. Even on 3g it drops. Sometimes it won't come back for 10 - 15 minutes. Even WiFi drops, while I'm sitting in my home. This phone just keeps getting worse. Help me.

0 Likes