Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

This fixed my Bionic so the 4G stays BLUE!

Home>Settings>Battery & Data manager>Data Saver> Turn it OFF

Home>Settings>Battery & Data manager>Data Delivery> Turn ON Background Data AND Data enabled.

Go back to home. Power down your phone (Turn it off) .

Wait a minute then Power back on.

Since I've done this almost 24 hours ago I haven't lost the 4G LTE connection once. It stays BLUE. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps all of you.

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, my settings have been this way for a while...and still having problems. 

0 Likes
shdytxmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad it worked for you. When I restarted my phone, what was blue before was white. I have tried a variety of fixes and none have worked very well. Parhaps I still have a switch in the wrong position.

Outlook Signature

09-ProAdvisor-QB-140x220 - Smaller

2010/2011

0 Likes
EricB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having problems in Tacoma,WA . I notice it most while on the lapdock 4G goes from blue to white and then I can't connect to any web pages. I'm in a strong 4G area on a replacement Bionic. It appear to get worse every day around 3:30PM PDST. As others have stated it started before the last update. It has to be Verizon or Google, it's affecting too many users to be phone hardware related.

0 Likes
bucrepus

This is not just affecting the Bionic. I have  2 Samsung Charges and a Revo. I have been getting intermittent 4G service (4G symbol goes away and / or network not available) for the last 2 weeks. Local VZ store manager says he "got word" there was a regional issue with the service, but no date on when it would be resolved. (Their own phones do it) Customer service is no help, they offer no explanations or ways to remedy the issue.

0 Likes
Another_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find myself in the same boat here. My Bionic loses data connection every 30 seconds today. The cycle is this: blue 4G for 30 seconds, white 4G then No data for at least 30 seconds, white 4G transitions into blue connected 4G. Repeat constantly where blue 4G lasts 30 seconds at a time. This has gotten worse since 4G signal upgrades in Hagerstown/Chambersburg a few weeks ago combined with the 905 upgrade. 4G is fast, when I have it, but not fast enough to do what I want the data signal for in 30 second fragments. VZW is losing the "Most Reliable" tag if this keeps up.

0 Likes
DDNC

Same problem in central NC.  The data signal goes on/off all day long, with 3 bars, and not moving.  I used to have no problem until about 2 weeks ago when I updated to the latest version:  5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.  Has anyone had any success talking to Verizon?  Any answers?

0 Likes
Jan47

I am very new to my Droid 4.  Was flying for the first time with it today.  I put it in airplane mode and can not figure out how to turn off airplane mode.  I know this is very elementary but I need help.   Thanks

0 Likes
Mr4G
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure about the Droid4, but if it's the same as the other Motorola phones, hold the power button and you should get a menu asking if you want to take it out of AirplaneMode, put the phone to sleep, or turn the phone off.

BluJay75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 for the Droid Bionic (the leaked version).  I've not had single problem since.  I would highly recommend this if your still experiencing problems.  Of course, I'm not responsible for anyone who accidently "bricks" their phone.  However, this being said it is realatively easy to upgrade to the new leaked ICS 4.0.4.  And it is possible to roll back to Gingerbread 2.3.4 if you need to.  Check out videos on Youtube.com

0 Likes