4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
BluJay75
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the last 3-4 weeks I've started to have problems with my Droid Bionic 4G LTE loosing data connectivity intermittently in the Minneapolis / St. Paul VerizonWireless area.  Has anyone else been experiencing this problem as well?  The connectivity is consistently hit and miss throughout the entire metro and suburbs areas.  4G LTE connection good for 5-10 mins with data connectivity (blue signal color on the 4G LTE) and then the 4G LTE turns from blue to white and the data connection is lost!  Any ideas what could be causing this problem.  I have a friend with the exact same problem, so I'm pretty confident that it is not the phone, but rather Verizon Wireless' network.  Note that the phone generally (98% of the time) retains the 4G LTE signal, but the "data" connectivity seems to "disconnect".  Over subscription issue on the backside of the VzW Network?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE Signal goes white and data connection lost
BluJay75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 for the Droid Bionic (the leaked version).  I've not had single problem since.  I would highly recommend this if your still experiencing problems.  Of course, I'm not responsible for anyone who accidently "bricks" their phone.  However, this being said it is realatively easy to upgrade to the new leaked ICS 4.0.4.  And it is possible to roll back to Gingerbread 2.3.4 if you need to.  Check out videos on Youtube.com

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Fritz_H

Same issue in Olympia, WA area.  Used to be blazing speeds in my office, now can't hold a data connection.

0 Likes
BluJay75
Enthusiast - Level 2

5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US is suppose to be rolled out by the 20th to the Droid Bionic from the sounds of it...this is suppose to fix the problem from what I've been told.

0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem in NC... The problems just started last month for me. I picked up the bionic when it first released. Never had an issue until recently about the time the .905 release was announced. I'm curious if the issue was created with the rolling updates and Verizon can't handle two different bionic software versions? It's extremely annoying with the constant white to blue and blue to white signal indicator and loss of connection

Mr4G
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue in Los Angeles Ca. I noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago and it's very frustrating because it affects my Hotspot feature when tethering my tablet devices

ArielAtom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue here in NW Indiana too, and it seems like everybody has had the issue for roughly the same time frame. I called tech support yesterday, and they suggested that I get a new SIM card, which hopefully i'll do tomorrow. Hope that fixes it. I downloaded the update last night, hoping that would fix it, but I had the same issue all day today.

0 Likes
LemmyCaution
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here - (Westside, Venice, Westchester, Culver City, Beverly Hills).

Began AFTER the update to .905 for me.

0 Likes
DeviantWolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

downloaded the update today and still having the issue. haven't tried getting a new 4G sim card yet, but may try that in the next day or two

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you get a new Sim Be careful handling it.!  the Gold area is very Sensitive to Static Electricity in our Bodies & the Oils in our fingers an one touch to the Sim can Mess it Up to were the phone won't Work as it should or at all..When i Remove my Sim Cards i use an X-Acto Knive to cut the Tabs.. But i do this under calm conditions an when i am not in a Hurry.!  it can be done an it make taking the Sim out of the Card a hole heck of allot easier..b33

0 Likes
Mr4G
Enthusiast - Level 3

I might have to try getting a new sim card also. Anyone have luck with the new sim card? This past Father's Day I almost threw my phone becuase I kept losing signal while watching the game on ESPN. I was in an area with perfectly good 4G and I wasn't driving or anything.

0 Likes