Re: 4.08 update wont install
meowgan

I finally got it to install using the above method of clearing the cache partition. I did have to do it twice though. The first time I tried it gave me the same error of not enough space being on the phone. So I deleted basically all of my apps (I kept a few and had about 100MB used space) and had to reboot and clear the cache partition again. Once I turned off my phone I then manually set my date till a month ahead, went to About Phone -> Systems Update and the update was redownloading and finally went thru. Pretty frusturating. OK actually REALLY frusturating that it took such effort to update my phone but whatever. Anyone else had luck with that?

0 Likes
m2re

I cleared the cache partition as directed, the phone did get stuck in a restart loop but after a few minutes I pulled the battery and powered it back on.  I then set the date forward 1 month as suggested and the update began downloading a minute later.  I finally got the update to install!  It's been over a week since I first received the OTA update that would not install.  Thanks for the posts.

0 Likes
Not applicable

meowgan wrote:

I finally got it to install using the above method of clearing the cache partition. I did have to do it twice though. The first time I tried it gave me the same error of not enough space being on the phone. So I deleted basically all of my apps (I kept a few and had about 100MB used space) and had to reboot and clear the cache partition again. Once I turned off my phone I then manually set my date till a month ahead, went to About Phone -> Systems Update and the update was redownloading and finally went thru. Pretty frusturating. OK actually REALLY frusturating that it took such effort to update my phone but whatever. Anyone else had luck with that?

Thanks to the community for responding. My phone was giving me the same issues.  The next step I would take to resolve this issue would be to do a master reset. Once you reset the phone it will prompt you to install the update.  The steps to perform a master reset are as follows:

1. From the home screen, touch Menu
  2. Touch Settings 
  3. TouchSD& phone storage
  4. Touch Factory data reset
  5. Tap Reset phone or Reset phone & internal storage
  6. Tap Erase everything

I hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes