4.08 update wont install
meowgan
My phone had the gingerbread update last night and phone was working normal today (with the exception of low space icon which had previously been popping up despite space being available) and then tonight I get a OTA for 4.08, press install and my phone tells me that I don't have enough internal storage for the update to complete. I have 557 MB of internal storage free (73%), have deleted over half my apps since the gingerbread update, have cleared data and cache from apps, don't use the stock email app and have very few text messages saved so I'm not understanding how I don't have enough internal storage. Has anyone else experienced this or have any insight into it? -_-
0 Likes
Re: 4.08 update wont install
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Mine didn't install either.  Complaining about free space as well.  Internal storage is 6.5 GB free, and phone memory is 505 MB free.  I think the free space bug in the current build we are on is causing a problem.  They are trying to fix it with the new 4.0.8 build, but the current bug is preventing us from updating.

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

oh geez...I got on XDA where someone had posted the new .Zip file for the 4.0.8 update. I tried to manually update it and it didn't work either. When it came back up, it said I still didn't have enough space. The low disk space error wasn't present before I shut down. This is stupid. I guess the only other thing I can try is a factory reset, and do the update before I add any apps or set anything else up.

0 Likes
shmart06
Enthusiast - Level 3

meowgan wrote:
My phone had the gingerbread update last night and phone was working normal today (with the exception of low space icon which had previously been popping up despite space being available) and then tonight I get a OTA for 4.08, press install and my phone tells me that I don't have enough internal storage for the update to complete. I have 557 MB of internal storage free (73%), have deleted over half my apps since the gingerbread update, have cleared data and cache from apps, don't use the stock email app and have very few text messages saved so I'm not understanding how I don't have enough internal storage. Has anyone else experienced this or have any insight into it? -_-

I am having the exact same problem! Ill have to keep an eye on this thread to see what happens...

0 Likes
TheCatsMeow

I'm having the same issue. I quite often get the "low space" notification, which I get rid of by clearing data from my applications, though it seems ridiculous, because I have a high amount of available space, like everyone else. But the new update to 4.08 came and won't install. The solutions provided in the pop-up (clear mail from Gmail, Outlook, etc.) are impossible, because the "Clear Data" option for those apps is greyed out. Also, I'm not deleting email that I deliberately saved just for an update.

This whole thing is ridiculous. We clearly have space on our phones, of all kinds, including RAM, but the space is low? This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
drew66

Same here low space delete apps and app data.  Plenty of space on my phone.

Way to go again verizon!

0 Likes
drew66

Same here low space delete apps and app data.  Plenty of space on my phone.

Way to go again verizon!

0 Likes
thomase00w
Same thing here. What do we need to do after deleting app data to try the update again?
0 Likes
shmart06
Enthusiast - Level 3

TheCatsMeow wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I quite often get the "low space" notification, which I get rid of by clearing data from my applications, though it seems ridiculous, because I have a high amount of available space, like everyone else. But the new update to 4.08 came and won't install. The solutions provided in the pop-up (clear mail from Gmail, Outlook, etc.) are impossible, because the "Clear Data" option for those apps is greyed out. Also, I'm not deleting email that I deliberately saved just for an update.

This whole thing is ridiculous. We clearly have space on our phones, of all kinds, including RAM, but the space is low? This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

I found that if I factory reset my phone, it allowed me to update without the low space notifciation. It sucks, but at least the update came through successfully.

0 Likes
TheCatsMeow
A factory reset will remove ALL of my things, though, won't it? Is there a way to back everything up before I do that?
0 Likes