Re: 3rd Party Email
JodOfArc

After much hair pulling and a bit of moderate cursing, I have found the solution to sending my Cox email from my uber-sexy new Droid X.  Here are the settings I used:

INCOMING SERVER

server:  pop.west.cox.net

port:  110

username:  xxxxxxx

password:  xxxxxxx

use secure connection:  unchecked

verify certificate:  unchecked

OUTGOING SERVER

server:  smtp.west.cox.net

port:  465

username:  xxxxxxx

password:  xxxxxxx

use secure connection:  CHECKED

verify certificate:  unchecked

I feel like a rocket scientist right now, I gotta admit.  Hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me.  Best to all!!!

0 Likes
kimberley

Oh my gosh, this is so aggrevating.  It seems like some of you have been able to get your email to work.  I have tried everything and it just keeps coming back with incorrect username or password.  I know I have those in corectly.  I have tried calling Verizon and Cox, no help.  I have deleted the account twice.  I have tried every setting....HELP!!!!

0 Likes
NRHarris

I've had similar frustrating experiences setting my Droid 2 up to receive email from my Cox webmail server. Alas, I found this page on the Motorola site (my Droid 2 is made by Motorola), which explains how to fix this problem. (I followed the optional instructions of leaving of "cox.net" from my user name). This worked well for me... now the cox email account works perfectly on my Motorola Droid 2.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51601/~/droid-2---cox.net-email-...

0 Likes
bud50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you , I got it to work. Funny how Verizon or Cox would not help, But they sure want our money

azTommy

The above settings worked great for me!!  Thanks JodOfArc.

0 Likes