3G - used to have it, now it's gone
turtletrio

I'm in SoCal.  I have had only 4G sporadically since Sunday.  I have havd no 3G access since then.  If I lose 4G signal, which is frequently, I have nothing.   I used to be able to use the CDMA only mode, but I can't now that I don't have 3G.  I've done all the "tricks": i.e., airplane mode, restart, pull the battery, etc. 

Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: 3G - used to have it, now it's gone
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

turtletrio wrote:

I'm in SoCal.  I have had only 4G sporadically since Sunday.  I have havd no 3G access since then.  If I lose 4G signal, which is frequently, I have nothing.   I used to be able to use the CDMA only mode, but I can't now that I don't have 3G.  I've done all the "tricks": i.e., airplane mode, restart, pull the battery, etc. 

Same with me..I have had no data connection all day, both inside the building and outside. I will probably have no connection until i get home and have wifi. I am in Maryland.

0 Likes
BucYouUp68
Enthusiast - Level 2

They better get this fixed soon, or i am going back to a Bag Phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Joey301 wrote:

turtletrio wrote:

Same with me..I have had no data connection all day, both inside the building and outside. I will probably have no connection until i get home and have wifi. I am in Maryland.

data workin fine for me in md

0 Likes
turtletrio
How do you remove a post? I waited several days before posting, and now I have 3G again.
0 Likes
ts47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just accept one of the answers as the solution.  The should be a grey/green box that says "mark as solution".

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Verizon is getting ready to unleash 4g in a number of areas on November 17th and maybe this is effecting your area...

In case you've already forgotten Verizon's announcement last month on the next batch of markets to receive LTE, the following areas are official live beginning today:

• Fort Myers, FL (LTE currently is available in the airport)
  • Buffalo/Niagara, NY
  • Sioux City, IA
  • Terre Haute, IN
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Birmingham, AL (The footprint will also extend out I-65 North to Cullman, I-59 North to Springville, I-20 East to Moody, Highway 280 East to Harpersville, I-65 South to Calera, I-59 West to Bessemer and Highway 78 West to Jasper.)
  • Santa Fe, NM
  • Evansville, IN
  • Bloomington, Bedford and Mitchcell, IN
  • South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart, and Goshen, IN
  • Green Bay, WI
  • Modesto, CA
  • Stockton, CA
  • Hagerstown and Western Maryland
  • Expansion in Los Angeles and San Diego

Verizon also announced today that they will light up the following markets on Thursday, November 17:

• Little Rock, AR 
  • Savannah, GA
  • Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, IA
  • Lexington, KY
  • Kansas City and Springfield, MO
  • Lincoln, NE
  • Orange County, NY
  • Greater Providence, RI
  • Rapid City, SD
  • Roanoke, VA
  • Appleton, WI
  • Expansions in Louisville, KY, Grand Rapids, MI, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, Pittsburgh, PA, and Nashville, TN

0 Likes