Re: 2.2 Update Droid X
Mikey69

my X auto Updated to 2.2 last night , Phone is really screwed up now :smileysad:

Hate the fact that i wasnt prompted and given a chance to decline the install.

really regretting leaving AT&T and iPhone for VZW and a POS X...

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Mikey69 wrote:

my X auto Updated to 2.2 last night , Phone is really screwed up now :smileysad:

Hate the fact that i wasnt prompted and given a chance to decline the install.

really regretting leaving AT&T and iPhone for VZW and a POS X...

really....mikey?  One post and that's what you add?  I don't mean to come off rude, but saying your phone is "really screwed up now" and it's a POS is pretty vague and you won't get much sympathy here.  We (most people) love our Droids.

And, beyond a notification that an update is available that you have to manually accept, you would not have been forced to install it.  If you agree to download it you agree to install it. 

Dj.

0 Likes
Mikey69

Yup that was my first post , due to the fact I just switched to Verizon/Android little over 1 month ago.

havent need to visist this forum ever.

I never agreed to download or install it , after visiting other sites others have seen the same auto install with no notification.

Not looking for sympathy just frustrated that after paying and waiting on this phone I have no control over what is pushed to it.

The phone worked great before this update.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Mikey69 wrote:

Yup that was my first post , due to the fact I just switched to Verizon/Android little over 1 month ago.

havent need to visist this forum ever.

I never agreed to download or install it , after visiting other sites others have seen the same auto install with no notification.

Not looking for sympathy just frustrated that after paying and waiting on this phone I have no control over what is pushed to it.

The phone worked great before this update.

so you liked the phone and you liked verizon for a month and one issue comes up and all of a sudden the phone is a "POS" and verizon is garbage too?

I totaly get being frustrated if there are issues.  You havent actually posted what those issues are, many are probably able to be fixed.

You can always request a replacement, you have a 1 yr warranty and then just don't download or install the 2.2 update.

Just call VZW and do their trouble shooting and then if it does not work, have them send you a replacement.

Dj.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

or did you have some stuff of there that wasnt supposed to be that got wiped ?  mikey mikey ....you didnt get a forced push you are lying its in the terms and agreement all the software from the os's to the apps have to be agreed on to download because if they arent official and mess up your device its your fault. so until you get specific as to what your issues are..{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes