the hub
ROBIN59
Hey everyone just wanted to know if anyone has experienced what did with purchase of hub. I done all my research on hub checking to see if i could port my home phone number and seen if i was elgible online and of course im already verizon wireless customer. So was told to get information and to purchase the hub i would have to go to verizon store which i did. Drove 45 minutes to store told sales rep wanted to purchase the hub he says ok. They sales rep and sales manager or asst. sales manager sold me the hub and extra handset. Sales rep says needs to be in 911 enhanced area which he says im not, but asked me if i wanted to put different address on so i could be compliant' Well my answer was no because that would screw up everything in my opinion muchless if i needed 911 it would be stupid. Well any way they said no problem and sold me the hub, supposedly  under my address, well needless to say i called two nights later to set it up which was done without any questions or glitches,fine ok great system very cool operation so me and family think this is great. the next day i go to my verizon log on and chech the hub. Well it gives my address as being like bedington,nj, which im from indiana, so i call verizon wireless about address issue in which they tell me my area is not 911 enhanced. So they say they have to shut it down now which i did or actually they did and i should have never been sold the hub. The story is the sales people sold it to me and put different address without my knowledge just to make sale. My whole point is buyers be ware and of course i had to drive 45 minutes to take back to store. Any other people with  this problem ?
0 Likes
Re: the hub
jmcohen23
{please keep it relevant}
Message Edited by KaLin on 05-15-2009 02:17 PM
0 Likes
ROBIN59
Keep it relevant huh? Well im sorry, i was actually trying to tell Verizon customers to beware of purchasing something like for instance the hub which i did purchase {please keep it relevant}  Im new at this and i know i went on to much. SORRY
Message Edited by ElizabethSl on 05-16-2009 08:03 AM
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Robin,

Welcome to the forums.   The Keep it relevant comment wasn't directed to you.  Apparently the person who replied to your original request posted something which was against the rules of the forum so the moderator edited it to bring it into compliance.  You'll see that from time to time on the forums.  Usually, it's for language not appropriate for everyone or for someone ranting & raving which doesn't help solve problems reported.   These forums are largely self-help forums with some limited verizon moderation.

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I'm willing to guess what happened to you was against some verizon policy if not against a law or two.  Hopefully one of the moderators will read it and escalate it so it doesn't happen again.

0 Likes
jmcohen23

actually, what I originally posted was "use punctuation, it's your friend".  the moderator just didn't want this thread to go off into a tangent.

I actually enjoy reading people's comments on the hub, as I'm still on the fence.  based upon your issues, it looks like I'll still sitting on the sidelines.

please post if you are able to resolve your issues.  however, I'm sure that this will be "edited" as well.  so much for freedom of speech.

0 Likes
ROBIN59
Thank you to people that were understanding enough to cut me a little slack on my first forum. But for the record i thought the hub was a great product and had very cool features for price. I live in small rural town approximately 2500, so most people should not have the situation i run in to. Thanks
0 Likes
jmcohen23

I understand, just bustin' your chops.

sounds to me like you've got a serious case of misrepresentation on your hands.  the sales person seemed to be rather eager to make a sale when they should not have of.

I would certainly contact a VZW rep and strongly state your case, and see if they can't fix it, or at least through in some additional discounts/rebates.

0 Likes
ROBIN59

Yeah i talked to VZW Rep. until i was blue in the face, stating my case . I asked what kind of reimbursement i would receive for my 50 minute drive to and from to take back to store for at least the gas. He said there was no way to do that, so i continued my talk with him until i had to be a little more,well i guess you could say aggressive. He finally agreed to give me a $10 credit towards wireless bill. In which i guess was better than nothing.

0 Likes
jmcohen23

ROBIN59 wrote:

Yeah i talked to VZW Rep. until i was blue in the face, stating my case . I asked what kind of reimbursement i would receive for my 50 minute drive to and from to take back to store for at least the gas. He said there was no way to do that, so i continued my talk with him until i had to be a little more,well i guess you could say aggressive. He finally agreed to give me a $10 credit towards wireless bill. In which i guess was better than nothing.

yeah, getting them to fess up and compensate you for their mistake is like pulling teeth from a Lion, it's dangerous to attempt, and if you succeed, the Lion will be looking for retaliation.

0 Likes
patnorthwestern

Robin59,

I had the same issue with the NJ address it appears to be standard on the HUB when you first turn it on being I have two hubs already. All I did was login online and update my address on MyVerizonHub and the hub took the changes after I powercycled it. The second hub took the change within 3-5 minutes and reflected it on the phone.

0 Likes