home fusion broadband ping spikes and 5+% packet loss
MELTDOWN85

has anyone been experiencing ping spikes / packet loss with their home fusion broadband lte service in Indiana or am I alone on this?

0 Likes
Re: home fusion broadband ping spikes and 5+% packet loss
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Best place to check when you are curious about service problems is Verizon directly via chat, phone or in store rep.  That way if there is a service problem they can confirm right away.  If there isn't a known problem then you may be the initial caller to tip them off and contribute to the resolution before your peers.

that being said, ping spikes needs to be stated with context to give them any meaning.  What are you pining, what are the normal ping times vs current ping times, is everything slow or only certain servers, etc.

Same goes with a 5% packet loss.  That doesn't sound like much of a problem without more context behind the statement.  5% may be the average packet loss for your environment and setup with VZW for all we know.

MELTDOWN85

John thanks for the advice. This was my first time to post anything cause I've never had a issue with service! My post was simply a question, if anyone was having issues? I admit I may have chosen the wrong path , but like I said this was my first. With your back ground you should know packet loss at any amount is bad, along with high pings, spiking above 500ms at times and not to mention high jitter. I did test the waters with different servers along with speed an ping tests. It was all outta whack I've never experienced this before with Verizon so that is  why I chose to check forums, an ask a question.

thanks again.

P.S. everything seems to be back to normal  - 0% packet lose, ping avg. 50 an low jitter.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the extra details.  500ms definitely sounds high and a reason for concern, similar to satellite speeds in my experience.

Glad to hear the problem resolved itself.  There is a good chance there may have been a temporary issue in your area.  Keep VZW posted if this problem returns.  They may have to make some adjustments on their end or can tell you more about what could be going on from there.

0 Likes