bought SCS-2U01 network extender - worked great for 10 days...
Cheryl_C

now the system light is slow blinking or steady red. Read the manual online and it says that means "abnormal". Failure communicating with Verizon Wireless.

All other lights are blue. It's plugged into my wi-fi modem and my laptop works fine, so there's nothing wrong with my wi-fi. Any suggestions??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: bought SCS-2U01 network extender - worked great for 10 days...
Sniff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine usually does this for 15-20 minutes when it's first powered on, or when it's connection has been reset.  Have you contacted Verizon Customer/Technical Support (800-922-0204)?  If you purchased this unit from somewhere other than Verizon or as a refurbished unit, it's MAC ID may still be associated with the previous owner's account.  Verizon Support can also assist with this.

View solution in original post

Sniff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine usually does this for 15-20 minutes when it's first powered on, or when it's connection has been reset.  Have you contacted Verizon Customer/Technical Support (800-922-0204)?  If you purchased this unit from somewhere other than Verizon or as a refurbished unit, it's MAC ID may still be associated with the previous owner's account.  Verizon Support can also assist with this.

Cheryl_C

You were soooo right! My refurbished unit was still attached to the original owner's account. I didn't think Verizon would support a unit that I didn't buy from them. Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Sniff
Enthusiast - Level 2

You bet!  Glad to have helped.

0 Likes