Why is Pixel 3 incompatible? When will it be compatible?
needmoarbars

I've been thinking about getting a Network Extender 2 for a while now. Just recently got a Pixel 3 and now when I load the website it says it is incompatible with the Pixel 3.

Will the Pixel or Extender be upgraded to work with each other? The Network extender is the only solution I have to fix the lack of signal near my home.

Is there any other device I can use? (repeater won't work because I barely have a signal outside of my house).

0 Likes
Re: Why is Pixel 3 incompatible? When will it be compatible?
rcschnoor
Legend

Although I can't be sure, I would guess the compatibility chart simply has not been updated recently as the iPhone XR, another popular new phone, is listed as not compatible either.

Regardless, if you are able to use a network extender(which requires broadband internet service), it would seem you should just be able to enable wifi calling on your Pixel 3 in order to make calls at your location.

0 Likes
needmoarbars

Wifi calling is enabled. Which works great in my basement where I get absolutely no signal at all.  It does not work well if I am on ground floor of house OR OUTSIDE (yes, this isnt just an indoor signal issue) where I get just enough signal to be considered connected to a tower.

Also, I rely on SMS for Alerts from my employer....wifi calling does not help with this. Some times I dont get SMS until I am a mile away from my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I think rcschnoor is correct when mentioning that the compatibility is not up to date. We’re sorry for that. If you’d like to confirm, our store locations will have a floor model of the  Network Extender 2. You can visit one to ensure that it works.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

Needmoarbars,

We definitely get where you're coming from with this impacting you both indoors and outdoors at your home. We want you to be able to receive your text alerts from your employer. Right now, since we're seeing that the Pixel 3 isn't listed on the compatible list for the network extender, we'd like for you to try out Message+. Message+ has the option for messages to be sent from and delivered to you while you're on Wi-Fi, so it's a good alternative option. This link https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/ provides more information and details on how you can get the app.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes