What constitutes usage on broadband service?
jdgealta

For my laptop, I have broadband service.  I was wondering what constitutes usage of mb?  Is it using the internet and going through different websites?  If I leave it connected but not on the internet, but have Outlook running to download email messages, does that count?

Just curious what they consider usage? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What constitutes usage on broadband service?
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

ANY data (that means email) that flows through the network to/from your devices.  Surfing the internet uses data.  Sending/receiving email is a transfer of data.    I use my MiFI EVERY day and never get close to the 5GB limit because I know better than to view VIDEOS.  I listen to Pandora a lot on my Touch and the data usage per month is always under 2GB, even when it's used all day long during vacation travel.  If you let Windows do automatic updating, be prepared for some large data usage.

0 Likes
jdgealta

So if I understand you correctly, If my broadband is on but nothing is being viewed on the internet, nothing is downloaded,  then I'm not being docked for usage?

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

exactly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Email is sent and received through the internet.  Also, anytime you leave your computer on with your Verizon wireless broadband device enabled, there is a possibility your computer will connect and download something, depending on how your have all of your software configured.

0 Likes