WILL NOT PAY $2 CHARGE
steveliss

I will not be renewing my phone-I will not pay verizon $2 to pay MY bill. I have already looked into new phones

0 Likes
Re: WILL NOT PAY $2 CHARGE
chimidoo

I agree with you. I will not pay the $2.00 fee. It's very ridiculous that not only the charge your bill in advance every month, but they want more money. They come out with stupid excuses like they pay that fee to third parties and so on. well who cares, that is why they are in business, and have made tons of money. Also if they wouldn't be that greedy they would not allow  customers to  move their lines to  other carriers. I'm starting to believe that there are other options out there which  are more economical and some of them with no contract required. If Verizon pursues this charge, then I'm going somewhere else for sure.

0 Likes
verizonsux_

Verizon certainly has a knack of pissing off their customers.  And they're calling this a 'convenience fee.'  Horses**t!  My contract's already been fulfilled & I'm shopping for a new provider.  They can't seem to grasp that I, along with many others, send them alot of money each money for minimal phone/internet service... & the internet service sure as hell isn't anything to write home about.  Hi-speed my a$$!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

verizonsux! wrote:

Verizon certainly has a knack of ******* off their customers.  And they're calling this a 'convenience fee.'  Horses**t!  My contract's already been fulfilled & I'm shopping for a new provider.  They can't seem to grasp that I, along with many others, send them alot of money each money for minimal phone/internet service... & the internet service sure as hell isn't anything to write home about.  Hi-speed my a$$!

Don't go to Sprint... They charge $5... 

Don't go to T-Mobile...  Certain plans they charge you $5 unless you are on auto pay...

AT&T doesn't as of yet, but knowing them they would do it if Verizon does it.

Verizon Wireless already said they changed their minds a few days ago...

So my guess would be a regional carrier.  Check them out and maybe they'll have what you need.

0 Likes
squeekster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits said

"Don't go to Sprint... They charge $5..."

I just came to Verizon after having been with Sprint for 9 years.  I always paid my bill online with my debit card. I never had to pay a $5 charge.  In fact, there wasn't an mention of a $5 charge under any of the payment options. 

There was, however, a sign in the local Sprint store that said they charged $5 if you paid your bill in that Sprint store.  But that was not a Sprint charge.

0 Likes
droidsw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fact that this topic is still being discussed blows me away. Where's the outrage over $3+ a gallon gas while oil companies make RECORD profits quarter after quarter. Where's the outrage over ATM fees? But, the world is saved, Verizon backed down on the $2 fee. Ridiculous.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

So, you're blowing yourself away, droidsw? ; )

I drive less and try to drive slower (not working too well!) to conserve gas. The speculator market drives up the gas price, so it's the investors that cause more of that problem than the oil companies.

I can't remember the last time that I paid an ATM fee, but if it happens to you, fight against it! : )

0 Likes
sophiat

I am outraged that they decided to charge this convenience fee. I can't believe in this day and age they would consider this fee when most people are paying their bills online and the convenience benefits Verizon as well. Wouldn't they rather get my payment quicker via a credit card or online check payment. Usually this payment will post within a day or two of payment. I also had decided to go paperless for it didn't make sense to receive a paper bill if I were going to continue paying my bills online. I now heard that they decided not to go ahead with the $2 fee due to consumer outrage. Well that's great but I decided to go back to paper billing and I will be sendiing in my paper check which should take about a week or more for them to receive and process. Thanks Verizon, I hope this will be convenient for you.

0 Likes
droidsw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

21st, The point is there are more important issues to get all riled up about. I understand how speculators drive up oil prices and I rarely use out-of-network ATM'S, but all this outrage over $2 is mind boggling. Put that energy into something meaningful, is all I'm saying.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I get that, droidsw. The point of my post was to show that what is meaningful to you may not be meaningful to someone else. We have to fight for our own causes. By reading this forum, of course you ran into people that decided that the VZW convenience fee was meaningful. If you go to bank websites or blogs, I'm sure that you will see people protesting fees there, too.

0 Likes