Verizon Hub & Apple Wireless Router
Antho777
i just purchased the new Verizon HUB VoIP machine and i am trying to get it to connect to my airport. while the HUB recognizes the airport & works when ethernet is connected directly to the hub, i cant seem to get the wireless connection to work as it gives me a "wrong password/cant connect" message.it has something to do with the security settings and verizon has been no help and stated it's an apple issue and apple narrowed down the issue to the security settings. ive tried no security, WEP and WAP2 but nothing seems to work. has anyone else had a similar issue? if so, what was the work around to get the wireless connection to work? 
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Hub & Apple Wireless Router
Jay-VzW
Contributor - Level 1
How are you attempting to connect the hub wirelessly?  It does not have a wireless radio - so are you using some sort of Ethernet-to-Wireless conversion?  That may be the problem.
0 Likes
jackmo1263
Don't know if you solved your problem. I have the exact same one. Verizon tech said there are issues with SSID names that contain spaces and/or dashes. Mine has spaces and I will try a new sSSID name when I get home.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Hub & Apple Wireless Router - SOLVED
jackmo1263
Change your SSID to one word with no spaces or dashes. Fixed the problem for me. Works great now.
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
Were you using an apple router or a different brand?  If different brand, which one?
0 Likes
jackmo1263
Apple Extreme Wireless Router
0 Likes
patnorthwestern

I had the very issue and once I changed the SSID to a single word no spaces it worked great. What are the network wireless specs of the hub anyways? B/G?

0 Likes
jackmo1263

Not sure.

Message Edited by jackmo1263 on 05-02-2009 02:57 PM
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

patnorthwestern wrote:

What are the network wireless specs of the hub anyways? B/G?

802.11b / g wireless client interface

0 Likes
patnorthwestern

Appreciate it..

0 Likes