VZAccess Manager usage amount rollbacks/inaccurate
CorkyMcDoogle

The usage tab on VZAccess Manager (and also data usage on MyVerizon page) seems like it is always inaccurate. For example, the other day it said my usage up to 7/20 was 4.1gb out of 5gb. Then, yesterday it rolled back and was saying my usage at 7/17 was 3.9gb. But the wierd part is, today it is saying my usage is 3.92gb as of 7/23.

Usually, I'm lucky if the usage date is within 2-3 days of the actual date.

How do they expect me to stay within 5gb (hard enough as is) without accurate, up-to-date usage measurements?

What number should I go with?

Message Edited by CorkyMcDoogle on 07-24-2009 01:29 AM
0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager usage amount rollbacks/inaccurate
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
MyVerizon account managment is the accurate measurement. The numbers should be pretty close. If they vary by a large margin, something is up and definitely not good for VZW in the long term. I smell a class action if VZW doesn't make these figures clearer and easier to obtain...
0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to have an answer to this as well.

7/18 11:57pm 2.65GB

7/19 11:11am 2.72GB

7/19 11:57pm 2.55GB******************DOWN***********

7/20 7:15am 3.26GB (what a jump)

7/20 10:52am 3.50GB

7/21 9:34pm 3.92GB

7/21 9:39pm 3.66GB***DOWN***

7/22 4:21pm 3.61GB***DOWN***

7/22 7:47pm 3.50GB***DOWN***

7/22 8:42pm 3.66GB

7/22 11:32pm 3.83GB

Note. the times listed are NOT the times I checked the usage, it is the TIME VERIZON last UPDATED the usage reading.

HOW COULD MY USAGE GO DOWN ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Obviously, my usage is NOT accurate.  My same concern.....This data is coming DIRECTLY from Verizon's systems.

If I can't rely on this to be accurate, then how does Verizon expect me to accurately monitor and project my 5GB of monthly

usage?

So, Verizon, what is going to happen on 7/31 (or when ever my billing cycle ends).  Is my usage suddenly going to EXPONENTIALLY INCREASE??????  then I get popped with a bunch of overages?

Currently, the data seems to be about a day behind. 

I see a VERY long battle if I have a huge bill at the end of the cycle.  be forewarned, Verizon.

It took me almost a month to get a mistake on my LAST BILL corrected, I can see this going terribly wrong as well.

VERIZON, GET THIS USAGE MONITOR FIXED ! ! ! !

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still seeing inaccurate usage readings as reported by the VZAccess Manager.

The last four times I looked at the usage (which the VZAM USAGE TAB even gives you an error accessing this info most of the time unless you hit USAGE and CLOSE the dialogue box about 11 times).......

...the usage was the same, then...BAM....it shot up.

Again, the time listed was obviously the LAST time it was updated, not the time I pulled the reading.  And how is that?  the time stamp on the reading was the SAME on all 4 readings, although I took the usage reading at a different time.

7/23 11:31am 4.03GB

7/23 11:31am 4.03GB

7/23 11:31am 4.11GB

7/23 11:31am 4.44GB (WHOA!  This reading was taken at 8:37am on Sat July 25)

How can the time be the same on FOUR readings? In that case, the readings are about a day and a half behind. (EVEN when I was on sucky HughesNet, their readings were updated EVERY HOUR, so you have a CLEAR, CONCISE where you were in your usage)

Obviously, I am going to be over at this rate, but until Verizon provides more timely, ACCURATE usage readings, they can't expect

users to effectively monitor their usage and not go over.......

Verizon, I feel a long battle with you if you dont get this fixed (for all users).  Moderators, I know you read these posts, you need to pass this information onto your programming folks.......

0 Likes
CorkyMcDoogle

My readings have been like yours. Same dates with different usages and same usages with different dates. It's extremely frustrating.

Verizon better not expect me to pay the overages if I go over this month...

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

DOCUMENT EVERYTHNG ! ! ! !

and hopefully you're on CREDIT CARD billing (not debited out of your checking account).

That's the only way you can dispute overages (and have the bank rule in your favor) if they charge you for them.

(Experience with sucky Hughesnet taught me this).

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

System Updates for 7/24 Include These Updates.

Note.... I randomly checked my USAGE on the tab in the VZAM.  (it takes about 11 times clicking on the USAGE icon, then closing it to get a reading).

The system updated the usage at these time (NOTE. These were NOT the times I checked, just the times the system it applied the update).

for 7/24, the system applied usage updates @ 9:37am, 11:24am, 4:30pm, and 10:22pm.

Now to report its inaccuracy....The system slows about 200mb of usage being applied between each update.

so, its 7/25 Now @ 9:37pm.   So, is it to say the system is just now catching up on figuring usage for these dates and times?

What's more to point out the errors in this reporting is that if the system was actually "catching up on calculating usage for the

times above'.....The reason its wrong is that I only used the system about an hour on 7/24.  So, how could updates

@ 9,11,4, and 10 included usage of approximately 200 megs of usage each update?

So in ONE day (24th), I used 800mb (according to a 200mb change in the reading at 8a, 11a, 4p, and 11pm?

NO FREAKING WAY!

So, basically, there is NO way of knowing HOW FAR BEHIND the usage calculation is, and even if the time reported is actually the usage to that point.

that, combined with the ERRORS the USAGE tab gives you when you try to check your usage, definately reports erraneous usage stats.

It says I am currently at 4.89GB as of 7/24 @ 10:22pm... I can assure you I did not use 1GB in 1 day ! ! ! ! !

VERIZON TECH'S.....you need to get the USAGE TAB on the VZAM corrected! and the usage updated to at least the current day.....

Everything is documented.  sounds like a long battle with billing at the end of the month...

0 Likes
dellfan

I am sorry that people unhappy with this service.  Because of where I live, I cannot get cable or dsl for many years to come.  So mobile broadband is the only decent way for me to connect to the internet.

I realize that the usage counter is OFTEN way behind, sometimes will show dates/times and usage then later those dates/times usage amounts will be gone, only to show up again later.

So, I've found that not living on the GB cap edge makes life a whole lot less stressful.

Mobile broadband has been a 99% positive experience for me.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

DELFAN . . . I dont think its that we're necessarily "dissatisfied" with the service . . . . . It's just that the tools that Verizon gives us to "monitor our usage" only work 1/4 of the time..

Verizon should supply us with a usage tool that is ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE, and that WORKS!

If this isn't provided, how can they expect us to manage our usage on a "capped" plan.

and I guarantee, if you're on a VERIZON wireless mobile plan, you **ARE** on a CAP! (whether you ever come close to it

or not might be a different story...)

0 Likes
Baldcypress

I'm another one who is having problems with this. The usage tab on the access manager only works occassionally but when it does work it agrees with what the online account manager says. Unfortunately both are well behind the current time, and do sometimes go backwards in time. I have no idea what the access manager log function reports, as it is completely different than what the other two say. Not that it matters, since it is not the count used for billing.

The online account manager is abysmally slow to use, so I don't like to go there often.

It's as if the only way one can stay under the 5 GB limit is to stay WELL BELOW it. Does that mean the limit is really 4 GB? Seems that way if you want to avoid the exhorbitant overage charges.

Being diligent about usage is not enough on some days. Things like automatic software updates can blow you away without your knowledge. Then there are runaway programs. One day I had Google Chrome get into some kind of a loop and it chewed up 300 megabytes of usage in less than an hour. I wasn't even using it my computer, everything was "idle" but it had a mind of its own until I exited Chrome. I saw the net activity in windows task manager more or less by accident. Good think I hadn't walked away from my computer for hours, or my whole 5 GB usage quota would have evaporated in a single day. 

Message Edited by Baldcypress on 07-31-2009 06:36 AM
0 Likes