USB LG Model Loses Connection
MikeLZ

I have a remote cabin and wanted visibility.  Using A camera and Samsung Smartthings Hub.  Generally work well until they disconnect.  I have an LG 4G LTE USB Modem VL6 plugged into a cradle point router and even added a UPS for consistent plowed flow.  Problem is the modem drops and has to be unplugged and plugged back in to restart.  Not realistic in remote location.  Tried regular MiFi pucks but they overheated when used 24x7 and battery exploded.  This solution works great but randomly drops service and I can't reactivity it.  Verizon tier 2 tried to send down restore ?? but no luck.

Any ideas.  Satellite internet is next option I guess.

0 Likes
Re: USB LG Model Loses Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeLZ,

A remote cabin sounds incredibly peaceful. We want to make sure your device is staying connected and working for you. Let's figure out what's going on. Has the device ever stayed connected? When did this issue start?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MikeLZ

No.  The length it stays connected varies greatly.  Today it was only a couple hours after I left and it was out.  Last time it was on for a couple weeks. 

0 Likes
CoreySimo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello JosephE_VZW,

I have a similar problem. I have a house in the woods, but my internet has always worked. Then three days ago I noticed it started acting terrible! I was using it last weekend flawlessly. Nothing has changed and I've tried things like reformatting my phone and confirming I have service.

Previously I could stream Netflix, and got speeds of 13mbps down/5mbps up. Now I drop connection to Netflix every ~5min and I get 2mbps down/100kbps up. There is no new structures between me and the nearest tower, and it's winter so the leaves are all down and that normally makes it even faster!

Could you please help me understand what is going on?

Thank you,

Corey

0 Likes