Talking Reinvented - Introducing Verizon Hub
Jay-VzW
Contributor - Level 1

Welcome to the Home Phone Reinvented

A New Way to Message
Send text, picture or video messages to keep everyone in the loop

A Fresh Way to Stay Informed
Use V CAST to watch video on your home phone.

A Simple Way to Plan a Trip to the Movies
Get titles and trailers and buy tickets in a few touches.

hub.jpg

Not convinced, Learn More now - or if you are ready to take the plunge, get Get Started now!

Message Edited by Jay-VzW on 04-16-2009 03:37 PM
0 Likes
Re: Talking Reinvented - Introducing Verizon Hub
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Jay,

what's the cost of a cool looking phone like this and how can people attain them.

0 Likes
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3
199.99 with a 2 year contract, 34.99/mo for unlimited digital voice service, M2M messaging and the other little features the HUB has.
0 Likes
jfitzpa503
I called 611 regarding this device. No one there seemed to know the answer. Do you get a seprate phone # for the device? Can you switch your cell # over to the Hub when home and back again when you leave for the day?
0 Likes
Skybase
Enthusiast - Level 2

You do get a separate phone number for the Hub.  In fact, you cannot UPGRADE a line to the hub either at this point. It must be a new line of service.  In your account info online it's not even listed with your other phone numbers, but in it's own section.  Your area must be e911 ready to be able to activate the hub as well.  Areas that are still not e911 capable the phone cannot legally be activated in.  It requires an address entered upon activation, and the system does not allow activation in non e911 areas at all.  Only way around that if you're in such an area would be to say that you'll be using it somewhere else that IS. . however when/if you call 911 on the phone it'll route you to that local department.

You cannot change the number back and forth when you're home/not home however you can set the hub to forward calls to another number. So when you go to leave the house you can set it to the correct mode, and it'll ring to your cellphone rather than the home phone.  

You can also set reminders on the calendar and have those reminders sent to any number of your cellphones at a variety of different intervals before the event.

So as you're basically asking, yes if someone calls the house and you're not there, you can set the hub to send the call to your cellphone instead.

I'm currently finding the hub to be quite buggy, however, and am strongly considering returning mine until some of the bugs are worked out.  I can't afford to have an unreliable home-phone for all of my kids, and to be paying much more for it than a standard cellphone for at home as well.

0 Likes
blkwel
Am I right in reading that you can only text from the hub to other Verizon wireless phones?  Our family currently uses alltel, and my stepdaughter ATT so does that mean I shouldn't purchase a hub?  Why wouldn't you be able to text any number?  I really like the concept of this thing for my family, but if it's that restrictive for texting it kind of loses its appeal.  Any info would be appreciated!
0 Likes
simons677
Hi Jay - can you tell me when the Verizon HUB will be available for business customers and what the pricing structure might be?  Thanks.
0 Likes
turrentj

Good afternoon.

I have been reading a lot about the HUB.  One question that I still have and can't seem to find an answer to is this:

The way I understand it is that the HUB will come with it's own telephone number.  I take the HUB and plug it's router into MY router with is UVERSE.  Will they be compatible?

0 Likes
bassmaster

Hi Jay!

I currently use the verizon one ,similar to this, but it works with a traditional phone jack, has a built in router. Could I use the one phone to serve as my router, Or will I need to purchase a new router?  I love the verizon one phone, which is discontinued :smileysad:, and no longer shows the weather on the screen.... So I thought this looks about as close as I'll get to a verizon one phone. Question: Does this bill go with the wireless service, with the dsl service, or all together seperate?

Aso when I purchased the one phone, they extended payments of 3 months to my phone bill, can they do something similar with this phone?

0 Likes
Got my new HUB
turrentj
I LOVE it!  It is SO easy.  I'm using it wirelessly to my Uverse router.  The quality of sound on the phone is great, the widgets are good...All you do is open the box, put the battery into the phone, plug in the Hub and it walks you through all the steps.  Up and running in about 15 mins. 
0 Likes