Setting up a Network Extender without a Verizon account
ncdiver

I have a network extender that I recently used when I had a Verizon account.  I am no longer with Verizon.  However, my husband's work cell phone is through verizon.  Can I set up the network extender to work for his phone even though neither of us have a personal verizon account?

0 Likes
Re: Setting up a Network Extender without a Verizon account
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Can I set up the network extender to work for his phone even though neither of us have a personal verizon account?

That is a good question.  Normally a VZW device needs an active account to be able to register and access the VZW network.  In this case the NE uses your existing broadband internet connection to access and connect to the VZW towers so an active account would not be necessary to operate it, only to manage its features.  The real account access occurs on the individual VZW devices such as your husbands VZW phone, all your NE is doing is providing it a pathway to the VZW network.

My best guess is that you don't have to do anything and that it will work.  However, if the NE is displaying any kind of error codes with its lights then it may need you to register it to a VZW account. 

For confirmation I would contact VZW directly through either chat, phone or in store rep.

0 Likes