Re: Outrageous Usage
Not applicable

Personally, I wouldn't use this service for playing games, watching videos, downloading music, etc.  I only use it for email, paying bills, buying and selling stock, etc., and non-data intensive internet activities.  If you're into those other data intensive activities, you probably should go with cable or DSL.  If that's not available where you live, you've got problems that Verizon wireless is not going to satisfy.

0 Likes
mic318

no vius it happen to me too my bill went from 60 a month to 300 a month cliaming i used almost 6 gig a month which is inposible. does anybody know what is going on.

0 Likes
mic318

Well yes I would, number one is dishonest, and 2 Its a lie it is impossible to use that much internet in a month unless you run downloads 24 hrs a day, 2 it wasn't in my contract, or on any menu. Its a flat out lie to rip people off, and people like you are feeding the problem, maybe you have 300 a month for internet ,but I don't and even if I did I would pay that much Its ridiculous.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Everybody these days wants to be a victim.  The service is $60 for 5 GB per month.  It's that simple.  The $.05 per MB overage charge is designed to encourage you not to exceed your contract amount.  Download Netmeter and manage your usage.  If there is somthing about Verizon you can't live with, switch to another carrier.  Better yet, start your own internet provider company and run it the way you want.

0 Likes
Doodle

Mr. Fitzgerald the day will come that you have Outrageous Usage charges and will want answers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If that happens, I will drop the service.

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

It's not very nice to wish bad things upon other people, they have a thing called karma you know.

If you feel there was an error, have them check all the connections.  Otherwise, the way the technology is set up is to monitor when you connect/disconnect VZ access manager and how much data you send or receive.  Some e-mails are rather large files. 

They are not going to just go out and bill people on purpose, Verizon Wireless makes enough money as it is. 

And for the guy thinking about dial-up

Good luck was what I was told to tell the people considering going back to dial up so....

GOOD LUCK  :smileywink:

edited for typo

0 Likes
rackyjo

We had the same experience this month. Last month was our first month of WiFi and we did not go over our usage and I even downloaded 2 TV shows! Now this month, with no downloading videos or music, we are 1GB over and this in about 10 days into the billing cycle!?!? We are rural users too...

0 Likes
jim_2009

I signed on to verizon on 9/8/2009 and am really surprised and disappointed with daily usage amounts. Each morning I check previous day's usage and the report/system/accounting for accumulated Mg usage produced for me to monitor my usage is extremely erratic. And more importantly,I do not believe it is correct. For instance,

begin new billing period:10/13----64mb..... ok, now that's great I thought, but then

10/14----260mb........not so good but ony 130mb avg per day, but the morning of 10/16 the report said

10/14(again)----611mb......yikes, what's going on ?????, but then in morning of 10/17  system said

10/16----827mb.....Holy cow! I had  disconnected from  verizon early that day of 10/16 and gone

back to dial-up but usage report showed I'd used 216mb?! What's going on?

I'm calling verizon today. Maybe there's some thing wrong!? With my somewhat curtailed usage, the system nevertheless shows me accumulating greater amounts.........827mb and 4 days, that's 260+mb per day.

This is not the pleasurable experience I expected from high speed connection.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
jim_2009

OOPS!......206mb per day.

0 Likes