My transmit/receive bytes keeps dramatically increaseing even when i'm not doing anything! HELP
Kristash

Yesterday afternoon I noticed a dramatic jump in my VZAccess manager. My RX bytes went from a mere 2 mbs to 30 mbs in a matter of seconds, and I was not even actively usuing the internet! I disconnected immediately in fear that it would keep rising. I made sure that I had no background programs running and such that would have caused this. I did't. I connected again, and within seconds my RX bytes were already within the mbs, and my internet browser had not even been opened yet. I have no programs open that are using the internet and  nothing downloading in the background, but yet it's still transmitting/receiving heavily. I have changed nothing about my browsing habits within the day that this started happening, so I don't know what's going on. I'm hoping someone could help me out please. :smileysad: I can't even use my connection at the moment in fear of going over my 5GB limit!

0 Likes
Re: My transmit/receive bytes keeps dramatically increaseing even when i'm not doing anything! HELP
somdcomputerguy
Do you have Windows set to automatically download updates? It's possible also that you have a virus or something, but it's probably the Windows Update thing.
0 Likes
Re: My transmit/receive bytes keeps dramatically increaseing even when i'm not doing anything! HELP
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

When you say that you have no other programs open, do you mean that the Task Manager shows nothing except the very basic processes running? The Task manager's "Networking" tab shows the various adapters' usage in real time and a short historical view. Though you didn't state, Windows has a sneaky habit of running background processes/services that do whatever they want without informing you.

Use that networking tab in the Task Manager and consider finding a program called "NetPerSec" which also shows real-time network usage.

0 Likes