Mifi won't connect wirelessly
jarche

I am extremely frustrated with Verizon. I originally purchased the MiFi on Tuesday (9/8/09) and had to return the first one after spending hours on the phone with Verizon only to find it was a defective mifi. I received my new on on Friday only to find the same problems. I can connect with the USB cable however no luck with the Wireless. I have tried to update drivers and still nothing will work.

Does anyone have any advice? I will NOT call the tech support because after another LONG call today I knew more then the tech support rep.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Re: Mifi won't connect wirelessly
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

Give more info.  what product /OS are you trying to connect to?  Does it connect to other wireless routers?  what security are you using.  can you see the mifi in the list of wireless networks?  etc.  

0 Likes
AlexSian
Contributor - Level 1

are you trying to access your mifi wirelessly WHILE it is tethered to a computer?

if so, then by default, that won't work. once the MiFi is tethered to a computer, only that computer has internet access and the WiFi is turned OFF.

in order to access the MiFi wirelessly, you need to either have it operating off battery power, or the AC adapter that shipped with MiFi.

if you must have it tethered and have wifi at same time, try this: http://bit.ly/eijey

0 Likes
mc_hudd

To EVDOalex:  Have you personally done this?  I always hate getting into stuff like this in fear that it will really screw up something.  Please let me know if you have & how it worked.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
If you're using Vista, it's likely a problem with the drivers associated with the wireless network adapter you're using. Go to your device manager in windows and find the wireless network adapter. Right click it and select "update drivers." It should update them and fix your problem. If it fails to update, says the drivers are current, or if they update and it still won't work, you'll probably have to manually search for the drivers online. Just do a google search for the name and model of your network adapter and put vista in the search line also. Once you find it, download it, install or update if it doesn't do it automatically, and you should be ok.
0 Likes
AlexSian
Contributor - Level 1

yes, i personally tested it when i had posted that original information.

and now that there is a mifi firmware update out, i tested it again, and found different results.

documented it all here: http://www.evdoforums.com/thread12799.html

0 Likes