MiFi 8800L Authentication Error
LDLeeHou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every once on a while (like 3 or 4 times a day) our Jetpack will disconnect with all devices then reconnect except with one device, a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. When the tablet tries to reconnect, it reports an authentication error. It takes several tries to reconnect. One, why is the MiFi dropping connections that often? Two, what is cause of Authentication Error?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 8800L Authentication Error
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mifi device isn't designed to be used in a 24/7 operation.

Do you not have any options for a landline based Internet service?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LDLeeHou
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. I live in a RV. We did not have this problem with our previous Jetpack.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you will need to start rebooting the device daily.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LDLeeHou
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already do that. Doesn't resolve the issue.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There really aren't a lot of good options for RV's.  A Jetpack will only work well in short bursts, which is what they are designed to do.  Treating a Jetpack like a normal home 24/7 connection will require frequent reboots.  That is the nature of the beast.

You could look into a Verizon 4G LTE Home Router as a replacement to your Jetpack.  That or a USB Modem + Home Router combination.  Devices like this are designed to be powered on 24/7 and should perform better in the same scenario.

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having a stable connection is important no matter where you live. I know that if this was happening randomly throughout the day I would certainly become frustrated. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Which Jetpack do you currently have? Have there been any changes to your location or the location of the Jetpack within your RV? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software to the tablet?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
LDLeeHou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Purchased an 8800L last month. It replaced our 6620. No problems with the 6620. No changes in the tablet.

0 Likes
alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

LDLeeHou, thanks for the feedback and I want to help ensure you get your MiFi 8800L to stop disconnecting at random. I'm confident we can get everything working together with your Samsung Galaxy Tab A as well. I apologize as we didn't answer your two previous questions. The internet connection can be dropping due to your location, not being able to acquire a good signal inside the RV or the MiFi itself may have an issue. But we'll help determine the root cause here. The authentication error with the Galaxy Tab A may simply be a connection issue to the MiFi and password used. Have you changed any settings via the MiFi itself?

So we can start with a few steps, please reference the link attached to check that the Network Mode is set to Global or Automatic. Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L - Network Mode Settings | Verizon Wireless

If not already, I would also recommend powering off the MiFi and removing/reinserting the SIM card. Both these steps can help with the random connection issues you have. Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L - Remove SIM Card | Verizon Wireless

Lastly, I would recommend that you Reset Network Settings on your Galaxy Tab A and attempt to create a brand new connection to the MiFi. I hope these steps help and please keep us posted on any changes. Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0) - Reset Network Settings | Verizon Wireless

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LDLeeHou
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all of the above. None helped. To reconnect to the hotspot, I have to turn off the WiFi in the tablet, then turn back on. I turn off the pad every night. I reboot the hotspot every morning. Also happens with my laptop. My wife's Samsung Tab A does not have this issue.