MiFi 5510L with no internet access
rldoty82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Verizon Jetpack MiFi 5510L and up til now it has been working just perfectly.  For a few days now, when I get on the laptop there is the connection there for the jetpack but there is no internet access.  I have tried the troubleshooting for this problem but nothing has worked....is anyone having this problem and if so can anything be done about it?  I know there was a discussion on this but it was last year and there was no response.  My jetpack also has been going back and forth from 3G and 1X and if any of these are displayed I cannot access the internet.

Rachel

0 Likes
MiFi 5510L with no internet access
rldoty82
Enthusiast - Level 2

No takers?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 5510L with no internet access
milthill

Hi Rachel,

I found your post via a google search and just registered to respond. I have a 5510L and have had a problem like yours this morning (10/22/13). We connected just fine last night but was a no-go this morning. I was using my phone to search for clues but then service came back up. I don't know whats going on. Are you still unable to connect to the internet?

Milt

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the internet is not working on your MiFi then you must peform a reset to the device. 

Start by removing and reinstalling your SIM card after 10-15 seconds.  If that does not resolve the issue then reset the defaults using the button under the back cover of the device.  Assuming there is not a larger service problem in your area the device should be able to recover and reconnect you to the internet.

0 Likes
rldoty82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried it this morning before I left for work but it still wasn't working correctly but that was a little before 8 this morning.  I will have to check when I get home so hopefully something works Smiley Happy

Rachel

0 Likes
rldoty82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that I have tried to reset it with the button underneath but I may not have gotten all the way to the button.  I haven't thought about removing an installing the SIM card again but I will try it...I have not heard about any problems in our area at least not yet.

Rachel

0 Likes
rldoty82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got home yesterday to do the things to see if I could get my 4G back and when I turned it back on it worked.  So I didn't have to try the troubleshooting suggested Smiley Happy  Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your device is on a prepaid plan, there was a national outage for prepaid customers and their devices on October 22, 2013. It has since been corrected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes